View Poll Results: Should Schools Offer A Healthier Lunch Meal?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 91.30%
  • No

2 8.70%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Obesity

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obesity

Quote Originally Posted by know1
    Really ask yourself if you actually care about the health of a stranger. Or is it that because you are of "normal" appearance, you can not stand the site of obese people.

Heart attacks are more common from genetic factors than straight obesity.

Most everyone on this thread are ignorant to the fact that obesity is just as much of a disease as depression or alcoholism. With either one, you can not just tell the person to snap out of it and stop being depressed/obese. You can't even have them recognize their own issues most of the time.

And what if some of these people, despite the known health risks, don't care and enjoy being morbidly obese? Isn't it their right to eat themselves to death?

Me- I just hate the site of morbidly obese people. In the summer, on the bus or subway,,,,just having to get close to them really pisses me off. I want every obese person to be forced by gunpoint to do situps until they lose weight, not beacause I care about their health, but because I hate seeing their massive sweaty girth. The main difference here is that I am honest about my agenda.
    mebbye its hard for u to believe, but not all ppl are only concerned about themselves. some people actully care. and no, im nat saying this becuz im fat and insulted.

Newbie penguinking16 may be famous one day penguinking16 may be famous one day penguinking16's Avatar
    Thanks

You know what I am overweight most of it is muscle, altohugh just cause your fat doesn't necessarily mean your unhealthy. I know an over wieght friend of mine who is more healthy than his doctor. If u wanna be fat so be it, it's not a crime to like to eat.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by know1
    That is one way to calculate BMI, but you are not factoring in the critical variables of sex and age. BMI works on a curve that reflects different results for men, women, and preteen children.
    Pehaps, but that is the chart used by the AOA (American Obesity Association) and they're the one's claiming we're in an epidemic. That's why I don't believe it.

PS. McDonalds is not responsible for people stuffing their face. Individuals are.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Pehaps, but that is the chart used by the AOA (American Obesity Association) and they're the one's claiming we're in an epidemic. That's why I don't believe it.

PS. McDonalds is not responsible for people stuffing their face. Individuals are.
    School and work is also giving people a irregular schedule for them to have their meals. For most people I think they would choose sleep over eating, thus the flucuation of meal times and the size of the meals.

Oh, and mothers that won't let their kids leave the table without eating every scrap of food off the plate

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

one time i was watching a show ( but i forgot what was it called). the show was showing very fat babies and the foods that they wore eating. like mcdonlds, burger king, etc. and the stuff that they wore drinking was root beer, coca cola, pepsi, etc. that show scared me a lot and if have kids be careful
    Last edited by name one; Aug 26, 2005 at 06:00 PM.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm this takes me back to supersize me. But mostly I think people should be careful of what they eat too. Right now Im on a diet.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks

I do suppose this is why there are those commercials known as "Verb" I believe, supported by other companies or something like that, I think that we kids needa become more active and that should help us with our obesity problem, though for those who dont seem to like to excersice nothing but our stomachs, i think its plain retarded that they complain about it and NOT do ANYTHING about IT..its jus soo stupid, now for some schools, yes i do think that they should have a more balanced meal for kids, the feeder school i went to had nothing but greasy freeze-and-microwave type foods...fattening and unhealthy for the most part, but im now worried about the school i go to now because not only do they provide healthy food, but its also very good too. Its really sad how the US has this kind of problem, it really is.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna

I saw the site, and found it odd. I don't know how they didn't take into account that fact that women generally have a slightly higher body fat percentages than men (with the boobs and such). But it does mention that the general chart is only for men and women- not children.

I hope that wasn't pointed at me ( the McDonalds part), cause I don't remember saying anything of the like. True, people have the choice of eating better,,,,for instance: buying a $4.00 carton of O.J. instead of a .99 cent 2 liter of Coke. Or buying a $5.00 no-fat burrito, a $2.00 powerbar, and $1.25 for bottled water, instead of McDonalds $3. worth of value menu items. I hope the irony is punching people in the face...

But more recent studies have shown that obesity is closely tied to socio-economic status. That means not everyone can choose what most take for granted- diet is a luxury. Some do not have a choice. If you have a family of 4, and a meager budget, is it better to starve your family or feed them junk? </endsanepart>

Let me reiderate my intitial issue with this thread in a way which is easily understood.

It started all- lets discuss obesity! YAY!

Then it turned into- America is fat. Fat People should stop eating McDonalds.

Don't pretend to care if all you can add is this type of useless mental vomit. Otherwise, do not start PC threads under the guise of caring. Just bring it with your version of the truth.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast