Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Obnoxious Theatre Audiences

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks
    I know all too well the painfulness of what you're describing. I have to deal with those types of people on a weekly basis. I work at a movie theatre and trying to contol those dumb asses is part of my job. I also go to alot of movies and run into those types as well.

When I am on usher I have to do theatre checks every half hour and if I go in a theatre and morons are making a racket I have to tell them to shut the hell up in the most polite way posiable. Most of the time it's a stupid teenager or tween and I pretty much give them an ultamadium, either be quiet or leave. If they are smart enough they keep quiet. I have only had the pleasure of asking one person to leave, but I've gotten more than one kicked out by calling my manager one of which who loves kicking kids out. Most of the time all it takes is a evil glare. You see kids talking, walk in with a uniform and glare, they will usually shutup.

Working at the theatre I have wittnessed many funny things, like: This one kid was caught sneaking into a rated R movie and we kicked him out he came back later and bought a ticket and tried to get into another movie and we stopped him and said he was kicked out and told not to come back. He then wanted his money back and we refused, so he wouldn't leave. My manager said she would call the cops if he didn't leave and he told her to go ahead so she did and the cops came much to the kids surprise. He pretty much burst into tears and wet himself.

Another time these stupid people were smoking up in the theatre and we called the cops and they came and hauled them out, it was pretty amuseing. And just last night we called the cops because a bunch of drunk teenagers started fighting. The cops love us because we give them something to do.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Yep, hate those people. Espeically when I pay $ 8.75 in a crowded theater to see it in a full screen. What else bothers me is people who have to open thier cell phones to text and soon there's beaming light in 1 out of 10 seats, and people who don't put their phone on slilent and talk just to say that they're watching a movie... I like going to the theater but not when there's people.. >_<
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    8.95 are you crazy??!! i pay like 6.50

but anyway there was one time i was watching the matrix: revolutions ( worst movie i have ever seen) and these guys were talking and luaghing the ENTIRE time until close to the end when someone died then they burst into luaghter. I was so mad so just bare with me. i picked the most intimidated kid up out of his seat and threw him to the front and then i said, " now that comedy!!" and everyone was luaghing and clapping becuase they were fed up with him too and, lets face if i hadnt of done it someone else did. so this kid gets up crying saying hes gonna beat the crap out of me. so i tell him to shut his mouth so i can watch the rest of the movie so he sits next to me and starts doing the same thing. .......... so i hit him in his mouth and then he shuts up. he tried to get up and leave but i made him sit next to me and enjoy the rest of the movie with my fist clenched right next to his face. just to piss him off. i started luaghing and whispering stuff to him like "i sure hope you got your moneys worth."
    man that was the most exited thing that has ever happened to me and it was soo effin worth the 10 minutes of the movie i never saw.

Newbie daisuke101 may be famous one day daisuke101 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    what kind of irratating people do you all hate the most
    Rodell Shavanaux

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daisuke101
    what kind of irratating people do you all hate the most
    I hate the 11-14 year olds the most. They are the age group that doesn't quite understand the meaning of "Shut the hell up!".

I also hate the "horror movie attention whore drama queen". They are the types of girls who scream through out a horror movie at every little thing that happens. Even if a character calmly addresses someone else, the sound of their voice causes the stupid girls to produce blood curling screams. I just want to throw my pop at them.

I dislike the "smart ass" type who yells stupid things at the characters on the screen thinking their comments are witty. Sure people laugh, but taking that as a sign to keep yelling out retarded comments is going over board. This is most prominent in horror movies since the characters in those types of movies tend to do painfully retarded things 99% of the population wouldn't.

Then there is the "person with a bladder the size of a walnut and a bladder infection the size of earth". Every 5 minutes they get up and leave the theatre. It's even more annoying when they keep getting up and walking in front of you. And even if they don't have to go in front of you just having their constant movement in your view can be distracting. And just in case you're wondering where these people go when they keep leaving I have a few answers. I work at at theatre so I can see what half the people are doing when they leave the theatre. If they are children who keep leaving, generally they don't do a heck of a lot cept run around the lobby and jump all over the video games. You gotta wonder where the parents are when this is happening. Teenagers tend to keep leaving to go to the bathroom to gossip or go outside to have a smoke. Sometimes they get in a small group and stand around in the lobby talking and you start to wonder why they wasted money on a movie they aren't watching. Adults usually go to the bathroom or go out and have a smoke or yell at someone on their cell phones.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah i know what you mean, like on friday when i went to go see Sin City, some ass-hat parents brought their children....first of all....what the hell are your 7 year olds doing out at midnight with you? Secondly, do you know what kind of film this is? THIS AINT SPIDERMAN!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    People who think it's good to comment on what happens during the film.

Just seen Million $ baby and these excrement eating, sideways copulating prehistoric baboons behind me felt it was necessary to comment on everything that was happening on-screen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2