Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Obsessive Compulsive: Personal Experience

Otaku Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obsessive Compulsive: Personal Experience

I do and will. I fear little in this world. I may get uneazy but I never fear.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Excellent, my friend. Never fear but your own fear. This is one of the quote by one of the Monk Warriors in Madurai that inspired me.

Powers of Mind: The mind is universal. Your mind, my mind, all these little minds, are fragments of that universal mind, little waves in the ocean; and on account of this continuity, we can convey our thoughts directly to one another.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a few. I used to hate when my food touched, like if I had corn and potatoes, say, I would have to have them separated. I still do that with some of my foods, but it's not so bad now.

Also, there's a certain piece in a pack of gum that I MUST eat last, no exceptions.

I'm also obsessive about my general area when it comes to box office at work. All slips, the calculator, stapler, void stamp, paper, screen must be in a certain place, and all the coin organized a certain way inside the till before I can start work.

I rarely ever order something different at a restaurant I frequent - I usually get the same thing every time.

There's probably other things.. Like when putting butter or something on my knife, I have to scrape it vertically, not horizontally.... I dunno, I'm weird when it comes to some things.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siren
    I dunno, I'm weird when it comes to some things.
    You are not weird, your are just a bit different. I used to have a lot as well, I don't remember them now. It is not that I fear of them that I don't recall, but it is just that I don't have time for those things. I always try to keep myself busy. Again, conquer your mind and fears. Then again, if I see my master's granddaughter, I become weak, if you know what I mean. If those strange things come to me again, I will be consious to take their insides out.
    Last edited by kedar; Oct 29, 2005 at 09:04 PM.

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siren
    I have a few. I used to hate when my food touched, like if I had corn and potatoes, say, I would have to have them separated. I still do that with some of my foods, but it's not so bad now.

Also, there's a certain piece in a pack of gum that I MUST eat last, no exceptions.

I'm also obsessive about my general area when it comes to box office at work. All slips, the calculator, stapler, void stamp, paper, screen must be in a certain place, and all the coin organized a certain way inside the till before I can start work.

I rarely ever order something different at a restaurant I frequent - I usually get the same thing every time.

There's probably other things.. Like when putting butter or something on my knife, I have to scrape it vertically, not horizontally.... I dunno, I'm weird when it comes to some things.
    thats a FEW?! just messin! well you know that thing that tells you " blah blah blah... please wait...blah...seconds/..." when ur pming? wel i hafta push the send button over and over just to watch the thing count down.

i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

I had / have OCD ~ mine are / were really complex. I say in past and present tense because they come and go as they please. I've stumped my shrink, lets just put it that way. He says the DSM IV TR can't classify me under any categoy...ahahaha. I'm just "ME", my own diagnoses. VERY good shit

But seriously, my diagnos(es) have varied chronologically over the years from~

1.) Asperger's Syndrome [DEdiagnosed]
    2.) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder [Not Officially DEdiagnosed]
    3.) Tourette's [Semi-DEdiagnosed] (Goes hand-in-hand with OCD)
    4.) Oppositional Defiance Disorder
    5.) Math Dysfunction Disorder (Great alibi for when I get bad grades )
    6.) Bipolar Severe W/O Psychotic Features
    7.) Depression WITH a history of mania (I forget the clinical terminology for it)

The list keeps going. I don't know the rest of em actually lol! But as far as the obsessive compulsive GOES:

I was doing really bizarre intricate behavior. My parents caught me on camera, then "lost the video tape", because it was so distressing. I watched it years later. I believe it was recorded in 5th grade, but it was pretty much:

1.) Checking rituals (checking my alarm clock in 3x or 4x)
    2.) Rituals involving self harm (I would bump into the wall to the point where I would physically bruise myself in 3's and 4's)
    3.) Closing bathroom doors, and according to my mother, shouting muttered vocalizations at them before bed. Yes, the "magic number" for me seemed to be three or four. XD
    4.) "bouncing" my fork or silverware as I ate, or my pencil as I wrote. It got to be so bad that it became a distraction for my schoolmates >____X

LMAO wow, I actually forgot I did all of that. Medication DOES work wonders. I've repressed so much of what I used to do, it's insane. XD I got so many stories that would amuse, it's not even funny [ahah, I just contradicted myself]
    Last edited by tasukuchan; Oct 29, 2005 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are a lot, dude. I am glad that you got over them.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are a lot, dude. I am glad that you got over them.
    LMAO believe me...I AM TOO hahaha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast