Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ogm

Newbie R3xxar may be famous one day R3xxar may be famous one day
    Thanks

Ogm

hi

i am new here and in the anime field

i wanted to ask a question, how can i play .ogm files, the dual audio?

i tried many programs but i couldn't find any..thx

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ogm

This belongs in the Tech forum more.... moving.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

go to download.com and hopefully you'll find this player called ZOOM player...it will play your .ogm files

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

You should try out MPlayer (clickie), or VLC (clickie) - they both play back such files without further codec installation, independently. If codecs are your choice, I think major codec packs, like the Gordian Knot Codec Pack (clickie), contain all the DirectShow filters in order to select streams. And for DirectShow streams a player like Media Player Classic (clickie) has really pleased me after BSPlayer went pricey.

[EDIT] I think I'm having a bad day today, every time I post the thing has been said already, sorry Pyoro-pyoro. At least this time I had something new to represent - not the exactly same thing the earlier poster said... [/EDIT]
    Last edited by JEEB; Aug 04, 2005 at 10:32 PM.
    人生フゥ~!!!

Newbie fuujin may be famous one day fuujin may be famous one day fuujin's Avatar
    Thanks

You are going to need some extra codecs, hopefully you know how to install that kind of stuff, but I will pont you to a site that has the ogm codecs.

this site will give you more info about it and how to install it.
    http://ld-anime.subforge.net/guide/ogm-en.php#what

This one is just the codecs
    http://tobias.everwicked.com/

Also, other note, if you are using WMP I suggest using a different player such as zoom player or bsplayer.

In addition, I would stay away from big codec packs, they can often times mess up your codecs and system. That is just my .02 from experance

{edit} lol, know the feeling jeeb, your 2 posts happened when i was typing this {/edit}

Otaku TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know why everyone says not to but

Classic Windows Media Player or Windows Media Player Classic (i forgot what order the words are in, its the same thing though) Play OGM's perfectly fine if you have the codecs that you need to have any other player play ogm's anyway. Plus its the one most people use due to it well...being the best choice =/

But whatever, use what you want. Just another way to go.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

haha man, what's going on tonight...and yea to add on to what fuu and jeeb had said watch out for the codecs I downloaded this extra one and stupid thing took out my subtitles until I uninstall the codec several times

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

Pyoro-pyoro:

I know the feeling... Some codec packs do just that, that's why I hate them (^_^). I once installed a codec pack that came with a demo disc about 10 months ago - and *poof* - the whole codec configuration I had thoroughly set through years had just fallen down. The worst part was when the 'l33t-made' uninstaller just didn't delete all those registry entries and folders etc etc. Count that as stupidity for a moment.

Before and after that I have always used only the original installers and when there's no time I download codec packs that just contain the latest original installers of the most commonly used codecs (plus all the needed DirectShow filters to show subtitles etc.) and let you select what to install. So far it's been all good and usually leads you quite far when DirectShow filters are considered. That's why I recommended the Gordian Knot codec pack. It's a lot easier for a noob to download (and install) than visiting various sites and trying to understand what to get (in the worst scenario ending up with viruses and/or spyware - the world's harsh nowadays out there).
    人生フゥ~!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast