Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old Friends Forgoten

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks

Old Friends Forgoten

I seen a couple of old friends yesterday night. They asked how I was doing and what's new me. Then they asked me if I still talked to a close friend of mine. I was like "umm I haven't seen her since high school". After I said that one my friends was asked me how come I haven't and that me and her were so close that they thought that I would still how she was doing. To tell the truth I have no clue to where she might be right now and I feelt bad about not knowing. Did something like this happened to you guys?

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    nice topics you're starting

um...yeah~ this definitely happened to me when I transitioned from different stages of schooling (elementary to highschool to university) Every time, the next school I went to, not a lot of my old school mates went to so I lost contact with people and met new friends.

I still see some of my Highschool friends on and off and the occasional elementary school friend, it's cool to get into contact with people you haven't seen in a long time. But honestly, I wouldn't feel bad about not keeping contact (unless your friend tried really hard to contact you but you just kept ignoring him/her). Changes happen all the time, friends come in and out of your life, it simply happens.

Just because you don't talk to someone for a long time doesn't mean you're not good friends with them. Two of the best friends in my life I haven't talked to in the past month, but we write letters, talk online, etc. When we DO meet up tho, it's fun We just kinda pick up where we left off, they're like family to me, being apart doesn't mean loving them any less.

But yeah contact your friends once in a while. They'll love the surprise and you'll love the company. Ask your other friends about a lost contact maybe they can help. I've had new friends who actually knew my old friends which kinda reconnected old friendships again too ^^ surprise to all of us! XD
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie Omega Antoid may be famous one day Omega Antoid may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    I wouldn't feel bad about not keeping contact (unless your friend tried really hard to contact you but you just kept ignoring him/her). Changes happen all the time, friends come in and out of your life, it simply happens.

Just because you don't talk to someone for a long time doesn't mean you're not good friends with them. We just kinda pick up where we left off, they're like family to me, being apart doesn't mean loving them any less.
    *nods in agreement* This is fairly much how it goes for me. I have some friends from high school who I don't see often, but when we do get together, it's like we never left eachothers company.

Sig by Yume

The Majority may win, but where are they without the Minority?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    for me the only the friends that were ever close was the ones from high school, I guess because we're more mature then

for elementary and middle school we're not as mature, and even when we do bump into old friends we sort of refrain from saying hi just so we don't look stupid if the friend doesn't remember me

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    its sad the way your friends rarely make it past the school you're in. Everyone kept saying dont worry about the people in high school because chances are you'll never see them again, and despite how much i tried to argue this it turned out to be true. You really do just lose touch with people. But i guess thats just part of the process of life, losing and gaining friends continually... Dont lose touch with the ones that stick with you even through schools though, they're worth keeping in touch with.

The end is important in all things.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenOne
    Dont lose touch with the ones that stick with you even through schools though, they're worth keeping in touch with.
    It's true, they were important to you then, you never know when they'll be important again. Often times they're the ones who know you best and can console you when your new friends can't cuz they just don't have that kind of understanding that only time can build
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have a friend that I met when she dated both my brothers. We'll met each other after years sometimes and it's just like we never parted.

On the other hand I never even talk to my friends from High School. I'll run into one of their family and ask how their doing then go on with my life. Sometimes I'm even glad we don't talk.

Perhaps it just shows whether or not we were really friends or just aquaintences.

Either way, life goes on.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Blaz may be famous one day Blaz may be famous one day
    Thanks
    There's a group of five of us (including me) from my high school days that get together at least twice a year, just to catch up. During the year though we'll keep in contact in more of a one-on-one basis. It's our own little group, that's always there for its own. It's nice to know that somebody always has your back.

Other than that, most of my friends are just transient in my life. I'll lose contact with old friends and make new ones at the same time. It's part of life, but I know from experience that if both parties want to keep in touch they do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast