Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Old Movies

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Old Movies

i live on old movies. well what i consider old is black and white, no sound and anything before 2000 and the crazyspecial effects that make no sense! AAAHHH
    so what are soem movies you guys remember and cannot seem to forget?
    i always loved Gone with the Wind until i saw it when i was 16 :;current age:: and i realized the thing was four hours long and had intermissions!!!! well it's a lovely movie either way. and as for a not so old movie, i always like Leon The Proffesion. i leave the floor to you guys.
    What movies that yo urememebr that your love something before 2000?

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Old Movies

I love "older" movies. I'd probably consider anything before 1980 an old movie though. But here is my small list of a few great older movies that I own:

Taxi Driver (1976) (Great movie and even has one of those famous quotes in it.)
    A Clockwork Orange (1971) (I love this movie, everyone should watch it)
    2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
    Soylent Green (1973)
    Apocalypse Now (1979) (Loosely based on one of my favorite novels 'Heart of Darkness')
    Platoon (1986)
    Full Metal Jacket (1987) (Yeah as you can see I like Stanley Kubrick movies)
    Logan's Run (1976)
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) (funny as hell, a big geek favorite)
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
    Last edited by Meiwaku; Jun 23, 2005 at 08:06 PM.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

If anything, the old movies are way better than the new movies. Blues brothers, sandlot, big, titanic, superman... ahh, so much better than most of the crap today.

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

i love platoon and full metal jacket and the rest of teh war movies!!!! fanatic.... hahaha. let's see what else i like.... well any movie that has soemthign more than just senseless humor or action.... i like lethal weapon, those four movies rocked! i havent' seen any old anime that dates back to like 1990's.... wait.. i saw metrapolis but i dunno when it was made... i know i didn';t like it.... but i think when we hit 2000 it was all abotu special effects during teh summer and winnign an oscar during winter.... no one cares for good scripts anymore...
    examples of horrible movies that shoudl be burned:
    1. transporter
    2. dumb and dumber (1 and 2)
    3. the girl next door
    4. all ashton kutcher movies
    5. crossroads
    6. 2 fast 2 furious

that's all i can come up with.... so far... but tehre are plenty... jsut horrible, like i can't watch or finish watching... they make my skin itch

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

^ iii, 2 fast 2 furious is horrible. along with dumb and dumber. Those are definately amoung some of the worst movies ever. Another one I just really don't like, is Kung-POW.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

You want a bad movie? Try sitting through "Alexander", eh Mei?
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Newbie nirvana beyond stupidity may be famous one day nirvana beyond stupidity may be famous one day nirvana beyond stupidity's Avatar
    Thanks

old comedys are the best
    Monty Python The Holy Grail
    Monty Python The Meaning of Life
    Monty Python The Life of Brian
    Spaceballs
    Airplane 1 & 2
    they dont make em like they use to

Thanks

alexander was okay. i didn;t like that collin farrel played him.. he looked horrible and i am a big fan of alexander like historicly speaking. val kilmer and angelina jolie were okay. yeah too many speical effects though and kinda too long... oo i have another one! HULK... first of all me and a friend werre the only teenage girls there in the theater watchign that movie, among the numerous fat middle aged guys who were a little too excited about the movie.. and we walked out in teh first 15 minutes.... my eyes burned for a while...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast