Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    Philadelphia (1993)
    The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
    The Sandlot (1993)
    Pulp Fiction (1994)
    Toy Story (1995)
    Toy Story 2 (1999)

if those movies are classics then I am most definitely the Queen of England. What year were you born? 2000? Those movies are newer than the internet.
    actually some of them are classics because of the fact that they have been tapped afterwards i.e. toy story is considered by many to be the best computer animated film ever made and there have been numerous copies of the whole animated movies for kids thing so.....and they were all before 2000

anyway some classics of mine are,

Akira, Mary poppins, Monty Python (all of them), E.T., Casablanca, Fantasia and The Godfather parts 1 & 2 all of these are great films and im pretty sure they were all before 2000

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Old Movies

It makes me feel old that you all consider movies that I've seen in the theater to be "old" and "classics." Here are some true " classics" that I've loved:

Gojira -the movie from 1954 that started the kaiju craze. The acting is decent, the effects are landmark for the times and the social message is pointed. Even the version edited for US screens as Godzilla (including the god-awful Raymond Burr sequences) is good stuff.

To Be or Not To Be -I'm referring to the 1942 classic with Jack Benny, although the 1983 remake with Mel Brooks is also good. Jack Benny was a genius of comic timing and it shines in this movie.

Dracula -The original 1931 feature from Hammer Films is the peak of gothic film-making. Every other Dracula film after pales in comparison to the original.

Seven Samurai -From 1954. Akira Kurosawa film. Enough said. The US remake The Magnificent Seven (1960) also owns.

Road to Morocco -Bob Hope and Bing Crosby did some fabulous buddy pictures in the 40's with the Road to... series. This one is my favorite and it's damn funny.

Rope -From 1948, it's my favorite of Hitchcock's films.

Rebel Without a Cause -the classic James Dean movie from 1955. MoonUnit knows what I'm talking about.

Stalag 17 -one of the seminal movies about the WWII experience. Made in 1953, Stalag 17 featured a fantastic perfomance by William Holden.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    It makes me feel old that you all consider movies that I've seen in the theater to be "old" and "classics." Here are some true " classics" that I've loved:

Gojira -the movie from 1954 that started the kaiju craze. The acting is decent, the effects are landmark for the times and the social message is pointed. Even the version edited for US screens as Godzilla (including the god-awful Raymond Burr sequences) is good stuff.

To Be or Not To Be -I'm referring to the 1942 classic with Jack Benny, although the 1983 remake with Mel Brooks is also good. Jack Benny was a genius of comic timing and it shines in this movie.

Dracula -The original 1931 feature from Hammer Films is the peak of gothic film-making. Every other Dracula film after pales in comparison to the original.

Seven Samurai -From 1954. Akira Kurosawa film. Enough said. The US remake The Magnificent Seven (1960) also owns.

Road to Morocco -Bob Hope and Bing Crosby did some fabulous buddy pictures in the 40's with the Road to... series. This one is my favorite and it's damn funny.

Rope -From 1948, it's my favorite of Hitchcock's films.

Rebel Without a Cause -the classic James Dean movie from 1955. MoonUnit knows what I'm talking about.

Stalag 17 -one of the seminal movies about the WWII experience. Made in 1953, Stalag 17 featured a fantastic perfomance by William Holden.
    For some reason your post made me remember The Maltese Falcon...
    Hah, now that was film-noir... Of course the trigger of this memory must've been Bogart...

Maybe Lawrence of Arabia and those Roman spectacle films like Ben Hur or Spartacus also count...

Oooh ooh, and Bambi! Man did I laugh during that famous scene...
    Last edited by Hassun; Jul 04, 2005 at 02:50 PM.

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

i lvoe forest gump! it was so sad.... but i found out a lot abotu shrimp! i recently saw The Twilight Samurai, it's pretty old and it was so great! i couldn't tear my self away from teh screen. i love odl fashioned samurai movies in general. like The Blind Samurai. but nowdays almsot every movie is remade from an earleir version. flight of the pheonix, ocean's eleven, and etc.... i liekd those movies and only when i was clickign through the channels did i find a bunch of classic movies from the 1950's and so on. i was suprised at how good those movies were what crap i have been watching..... and it's summer, meanign blockbuster season... my heart aches for the movie industry

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Chinatown - my favorite noir film and great performance by Jack. (1974)
    Blue Velvet - Dennis Hoppers best role to date, creepy as they come. (1986)
    The Passion of Joan of Arc - an atmospheric silent film from the 20's. (1928)
    Eraserhead - Can u see nightmarish? (1977)
    The Shining - What can be said really? (1980)
    Blade Runner - Finest sci-fi picture ever in my opinon. (1982)
    Taxi Driver - You talkin' to me? (1976)
    Dirty Harry - One of the coolest characters ever. (1971)
    Night of the Living Dead - The one that started it all. (1968)
    The Killing - one of Kubrick's finest, tarantino owes this film alot. (1956)

This is pretty much my cream of the crop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3