Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: which one do u like the most:shojo or shonen?

Newbie EXEL_KARI9 may be famous one day EXEL_KARI9 may be famous one day EXEL_KARI9's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation which one do u like the most:shojo or shonen?

sorry but i didnt know where to put this. but this came close.
    well i have a friend (a guy) who says he will never watcha a shojo. he says that it doesnt have the same as a shonen.(but once i caught him watching pretear) so we made a bet on wich one was the best liked. even if shonen is the most popular!

Newbie n00dLe may be famous one day n00dLe may be famous one day n00dLe's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: which one do u like the most:shojo or shonen?

i like shojos.. i'm jus a school girl :3

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

That should be 'Shoujo' and 'Shounen', where the 'ou' refers to a long 'o'...

Most 'Shounen' (Boy) series are usually children/family oriented series such as Pokemon, Digimon, One Piece, Naruto, etc.

A subset of 'Shoujo' (Girl) is a closer match to 'Shounen', and that would be 'Mahou Shoujo' (Magical Girl) such as Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Pretear, Petitie Princess Yucie, etc. And the 'Magical Girl' genre has so far not proven to be that popular among US anime fans.

Amongst the 'Shoujo' genre are some series with much deeper plots and emotional story lines then your typical 'Shounen' series, such as 'Fruits Basket' and 'X' TV (based on the CLAMP manga series) If your friend says he'll never watch 'Shoujo' then dare him to watch 'X' and not like it...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie EXEL_KARI9 may be famous one day EXEL_KARI9 may be famous one day EXEL_KARI9's Avatar
    Thanks

well i got it from shojo beat and shonen jump

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Shonen, I don't know why.................... oh I know!!! cuz I haven't read the other one.............................
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Newbie sesshomoru_165 may be famous one day sesshomoru_165 may be famous one day sesshomoru_165's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive never heard of shojo so imma go with shonen

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Shoujo is a very broad genre. It can be cute and fluffy, Mahou Shoujo series like Card Captor Sakura, Sailormoon and the romance series like Maria-sama ga Miteru, Full Moon wo Sagashite, and Utena.
    But it also can be dark, emotional and angst ridden like series such as X, Angel Sanctuary, Loveless, Yami no Matsuei, RG Veda, Ayashi no Ceres and more.

Of course, with Shoujo you also get alot of Shounen-ai, which is kind of like an off shoot of Shoujo nowadays... allthrough alot elements of Shounen-ai have been popping up in Shounen anime too. (Yes boys ^^ it's true)
    I myself like Shoujo... but I'm starting to get into Shounen as well with Bleach and FMA.

But even today, the lines between Shoujo and Shounen are bluring.
    Girls don't nessicary only watch Shoujo, boys don't only watch Shounen either.
    It's become more and more mixed up.

For example, when I go to screenings at my friends uni anime club, I've noticed how blurred the line has become. There were mostly guys in the audience when we were watching Maria-sama and there were more girls when we were watching Bleach.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

i like anime, i don't really care if it's girl or boy or watever infact i didn't even know there was a difference.lol.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast