Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Online relationships, are they worth it?

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Online relationships, are they worth it?

Everyone knows I love Chii(or, should know, at least, by now ^.^)
    But yes, i DO have a girlfriend, and we have known eachother for almost a year(online).

Now, we know what eachother look like(but looks mean nothing to me, but she is cute ^.^), she is 31, I am 17, 14 age difference, and I don't care.

She became my GF once i helped her through her last relationship, her other boyfriend played the same game, and cared about it, more then he did about her, and every time something happened on the game, hed take it out on her, so I tried my best to help them, because i was their friend. One day she asks me to become her boyfriend, I accept, because I don't really mind, i'm nice to everyone, but she stuck to me. Now, we have learned more about eachother, she loves the same music I do, alot of the food I do, she loves basically the same anime(has a crush on Inuyasha) I do, and she kinda thinks along the same lines. We want to meet, but not ye, we are both currently saving for a trip to Japan, where we decided, if we meet, thats where we are going to do it.

If anyone else has had an online relationship, I ask you, is it worth/has it been worth it??

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Online relationships, are they worth it?

Yes, it has been worth it.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie Magnatude may be famous one day Magnatude may be famous one day Magnatude's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, had one. Waaay back in the Dark Ages of Internet

I found it kept me bound to my computer and neglecting my RL.

A RL relationship is much better.
    Anyone who tries to "befriend" me on any of the Forums I always state how old I am and that I'm Married-w-kids... its annoying having an online "friend" that suddenly one day think that they could/should be something more.

But if you meet and actually hatch out a RL relationship than thats good!
    Hope it works out for you Dreadhawk
    Fighting for your Artists Rights!
    You may PM me for any help.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

It totally depends on the people involved. I've seen a lot of online relationships that have worked out and the people are currently living together and some of them are even getting married.

If you're willing to give it your all and both the people are willing to try to make it work I think it could work out just fine. The internet gives you a chance to really get to know someone before you judge their appreances. And since the net is such a big part of our lives now, I don't see net relationships as anything all that weird. When you think about it, its not any weirder then being on a blind date.

But I think some factors do matter. The people should live somewhat close to one another, meaning they can see each other every once in awhile. You really got to have some serious dedication if you're going to date someone online that lives on the other side of the world. But if you can be with them person to person every once in awhile you really grow closer and who knows, it could become a real phsyical relationship.

Anyways, I've been in two that didn't work. Right now I'm seeing someone who lives in Ohio and I'm hoping that it will work because I care for him a lot. We've met face-to-face three times already and he's coming back in September for my birthday.

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

YEA they are worth it. I have found the woman I love over the net, and soon I'll see her. I always thought, that......... I'll never find someone I could really love after my ex cheated on me for my friend...................... but I was wrong................................
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

yea they're worth it but they need to be done carefully. very carefully!!!!
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

They are worth it if the two people in them think its worth it. Simple as that. I mean I'd hope thats not all it is, I'd hope the two people actually plan to have an offline relationship down the line because its alot healthier, but online isnt bad for those forced into the situation if the two people care a great deal about each other and enjoy one another's company.

Newbie andrebsd may be famous one day andrebsd may be famous one day andrebsd's Avatar
    Thanks

I had one, she lived like 1,000 miles away and ended up cheating... but I can't say they all end like that.

My current gf, met her online but she only lived 20 miles away so we see eachother atleast once a week and it works fine.

So for my own opinion, id go with it's fine if you actualy meet eachother once in a while... id think that once a month or once every 2 months would be the absolute minimum for meeting eachother. Any longer than that and it gets kinda wierd; and lonley... sometimes to lonley for one person and they end up going out with someone else at the same time; i mean its not like the other would notice if you barely see eachother right? Not seeing eachother makes it easyer to cheat, though im not saying that everyone does... just that its easyer when you dont meet often.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast