Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Online relationships, are they worth it?

Newbie shadow nanaki may be famous one day shadow nanaki may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Online relationships, are they worth it?

yeah ive had two so far but ive lost one of them for good when we split but im still great friends with the other, to be honest it dont matter whether its an online relationshipor otherwise a relationship is some thing to care about

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i have one. i met her in a chatroom. sometimes it can be worth

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

well i think its worth it if its the right person
    ive been in...*counts* i dont know how many online relationships with guys but it didnt seem to be worth it. my first online boyfirned was worth it, then we broke up (he dumped me =TT=) and then i had lots others but..they never worked out. then i met him. Alex. my lifemate. now at first i thought he was going to be like the other guys. (never get online). but he did. everyday we would talk. and everyday he would get on at the time he said he would. and he was different. and then it happend...we both fell inlove with each other. and we still love each other to this day. and i plan on meeting ihm when im older. and im now saving my money to get a plan ticket to go see him and be with him in the UK (hes moving sadly). so trust me i found my lifemate. and it is totally worht it all. every single bit of money is worth seeing him. so i say go for it! if you like her then go for it! and who cares about age. theres an age diff. between me and my lifemate and we dont care. so i say GO FOR IT DREAD!!!

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Newbie Elfy may be famous one day Elfy may be famous one day Elfy's Avatar
    Thanks

if it is with the right person sure.
    then again..you only know them online. I've been burnt both ways so I'm not against them.
    it's more the fact that you can't physically hold them.
    *Signature WAY WAY WAAAAY too big, maximum size is 450x110, please make the neccessary ajustments. -AO Staff*

Newbie Falcon_Delta may be famous one day Falcon_Delta may be famous one day
    Thanks

I agree what's been said about OLRs, they can work but you have to be discreet. A buddy of mine got into one last year and it worked out for a time, but when the two of them actually were going to meet it crashed. In my opinion what one has to keep in mind is that a lot of communication in relationships goes on through body language, which is nearly impossible to convey over the internet (unless maybe you have a web camera but that's not very good either). Even if you've seen a picture of a person or talked to them on the phone, you still might not have a good idea of what type of person they are. If you keep a relationship up for a long time without actually meeting the person there is a lot of danger. This happens because when we talk on the internet our brains try and supply the missing images of the other person. Whether your realize it or not your brain formulates and image of the other person and it's very possible to become attached to that image and not the real person. I'm not being cynical here, but I'm saying that you have to be careful that you're not attached to some ideal vision of the other person, even if you're quite sure you know that person well enough through hours of chatting.

Personally, I find the internet a good tool to keep up a relationship I've already started in person. Heck, it cuts down on the cell phone usage.

Also, true age difference may not matter a whole lot, but if you're under 18 in America there are Statuatory laws that make it very very diffuclt. You don't want your significant other to end up in jail, so play that game very carefully.

FD

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit
    Anyways, I've been in two that didn't work. Right now I'm seeing someone who lives in Ohio and I'm hoping that it will work because I care for him a lot. We've met face-to-face three times already and he's coming back in September for my birthday.
    See, that's the example of a perfect LD relationship. I'll be sure to take your advice to heart, MoonUnit, should I ever be in this position.

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a friend who was in an online relationship... as long as it makes you happy, and you are EXTREMELY careful, I think it's cool.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Newbie emo_tears may be famous one day emo_tears may be famous one day
    Thanks

its up to the person i think, if they are happy just talking to someone they love online and not seeing them then thats great, just persoinally they dont work for me. ive tried a few but its just not as good as having somwone you can feel there with you. and you have to be really careful, as you never really know who you are talking to

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast