Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Needed!

Newbie badslildevil may be famous one day badslildevil may be famous one day badslildevil's Avatar
    Thanks

Opinions Needed!

Okay theres some series I'm thinking of starting, a couple manga a couple anime and I need opinions to know if I should start them. Okay they are:
    Getbackers (Manga OR Anime)
    Peace Maker Kurogane (I think thats how its spelled. Anime anyway)
    Evangelion (Manga. I've seen the anime, but I'm not sure if I'll like the manga as much...)
    Puni Puni Poemy (Seen it at HMV and it interests me)
    And if anyone has any reccomendations for me I will love you forever!
    Thank you!
    I LOOOOVE YAOI!!! w00t!! YEAH! GOOO BUMDARTS! Haha! That's my word, by the way. Don't steal it or I'll sick my yakuza squirrel army on j00!!

Otaku winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Get bakcers- If you like a little bit of yaoi, yes.
    Peacemaker Kurogane- Definitely if you like a lot of blood.
    Eva- Dunno.
    Puni Puni Poemy- For me, no. cuz it is too much. It is ecchi/hentai.

I recommend: Fullmetal Alchemist(anime&manga, Yakitate!!Japan(anime&manga, Mahou Sensei Negima(anime&manga), Eyeshield 21(anime&manga), and MAR(Marchen Awaken Romance)(anime&manga).

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Do not touch Puni Puni Poemy with a ten foot pole. It's crap.
    It's by the same people who did Excel Saga, but if it can be believed... Puni Puni is ten times worse.

As for the Evangelion manga, defanitly give it a go.
    It's an interesting different take on the original anime, many events that happen in the anime are changed slightly, making for very interesting story development. I actually prefer the manga in some aspects... especially Shinji. He is actaully bearable in the manga and doesn't whine at all virtually.

Other recs I could give you.... I can see that you like Shounen-ai, I'd sugguest Loveless (manga and anime) as well as Legal Drug (manga) by Clamp.
    Great stuff there I tell you ^_^

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just one thing, the Evangelion manga is not yet done, and it's coming out VERY slowly. Over here in Europe we have until the 9th and nobody even in Japan seems to know when the 10th volume will come out.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh yes of course, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto has to be one of the slowest mangaka I know.
    Unless he has put Evangelion on hiatus. (which seems to be the common thing for a mangaka of a popular series too do these days. -_-)

So be prepared, alot of manga that's out in English these days aren't finished. They are either on hiatus or still being published. So it's your risk if you want to take it, to get involved in a manga series only to be faced with the reality of it being on hiatus for 2 plus years, or the painstaking long wait for new volumes.
    Oh btw, the recs I gave, Loveless and Legal Drug... aren't finished. I think Legal Drug is on a bit of a hiatus.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie onmyoji Subaru may be famous one day onmyoji Subaru may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I'd say to go for Peacemaker, blood and humor, It has a good story too.

Newbie Suki Sakurazuka may be famous one day Suki Sakurazuka may be famous one day Suki Sakurazuka's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you want to have a good laugh and lots of randomness i would recomend Saiyuki. But only in Manga, i dont like the anime so much. But it is funny as hell and the characters are great and very lovable.

Your signature image was found to exceed the maximum allowed size of 450x110.

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Getbackers- its supposedly popular and really good, but i dont role that way myself
    Evangelion- It's a starter anime for many and a restricted zone for others, you can hear opinions that it was long and raggedy or a anime masterpiece of its time. I dont have an opinion cause i never seen it. lol
    Puni Puni Poemy- You should look into Excel Saga first of all knowing it is a spin-off and there are some inside jokes you may not catch right away.

Go for something funny like Azumanga Daiogh- i dont think the story goes anywhere but it is hilarious.
    A couple good manga are Love hina for the romantic Genre XXXHolic and again CLAMP Tsubasa Resivoir Chronicle i heard is very good.
    Last edited by whitec; Jun 13, 2005 at 07:06 AM.
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast