Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Oscar Results

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes, Spirited Away slipped my mind, and it was only nominated because it had distribution in the United States from Disney.
    I was stuck on anime not released here, sorry.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nova
    chris rock was the most exciting part of the oscars. he did a great job with a stuffy crowd. the rest of it was predictable and boring.
    yawn. agreed.

The end is important in all things.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    on a side note, Steamboy will definitely be nominated next year.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Chris Rock was way tamer compared to how he usually is. Overall I found the Oscars to be boring, but thats not a new thing. At least it didn't drag on as long as it usually does. I only saw one of the films nominated (Sideways) so I wasen't really into it.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit
    Chris Rock was way tamer compared to how he usually is. Overall I found the Oscars to be boring, but thats not a new thing.
    yeah, what's new is having a host i actually think isn't at the bottom of his career to be hosting. chris rock was tame but i'm glad he didn't hold back on his opinions on movies/actors. i think he made everyone, presenters and winners, feel a little more loose after he talked all that mess about jude law and tobey maguire.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, except for Sean Penn who got all pissy and had to defend Jude Law. I also heard Tim Robbins gave Chris Rock the finger or something. Some people have no sense of humour.

Newbie silverayne may be famous one day silverayne may be famous one day silverayne's Avatar
    Thanks
    My one big peeve about the night was that near all the musical performances were performed by Beyonce' Knowles. Now I respect Beyonce in some ways... but she was HORRIBLE doing some of the songs that she did. The duet with Josh Groban sounded like an abortion, Her pitch was under and she shrieked. The song she sang from "The Choir" had terrible pronunciation and dictation..... it made me cry a little as a legit singer.

But as far as the awards go I am very happy for Morgan Freeman, got the credit he deserved! Also... psyched that Eternal Sunshine got Original Screenplay and that Jamie Foxx won Best Actor. I am also happy for Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood and Hilary Swank! ^^ (Although I am a little sad about Johnny Depp!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3