Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: out of place?

Newbie angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam's Avatar
    on a distant planet where i am a humble storyteller. in reality, i live in a city. not telling which
    Thanks

out of place?

a couple of years ago, my family went out to the cinema. my siblings wanted to flick (don't remember name i but did not want to see it). while there, i was mildly entertained, after all they were were worst ways to kill time and i was with my family but i noticed something. i was the only one in my age group. everyone else was under the age 10 and the rest were parents. i wasn't babysitting my siblings, my father was there too (my mother was in another theater, watchinmg the movie i didn't want to watch so it was maybe a drama). when the movie was over and the lights were back on, the fact i was the only one not in diapers was even more apparrent. it didn't bug me, but it made me think.
    ever felt like that? like you're in somewhere, and something made you different from the others, like you the only one who didn't say: mommy i wanna my bottle?
    od how about, animation in America really is gerally a kid thing, so that's why i was the only young adult there.
    were you ever stuck in a theater, show, anywhere, wherte you probaly the only young adult?
    this probably doesn't have a point, but please, share. this thought of mine made way more sense when Treasure Planet (Disney needs to put more effort in their movies) was in theaters.
    The noble ones of this world
    Are the ones that repent
    of their own sins

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks
    A while back , I went to watch Spirited Away and Pokemon the movie (yes, i did) and I noticed, most of the people in both of the movies were young kids. I didn't mind since I wanted to watch them and I did enjoy the movies.

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i feel constintly out of place at family gatehrings like a BBQ or a cousins party or something because im the only kid my age out of all my cousins and im at that awquard age where i cant talk to the adults but i cant hang out with the kids either, so i just stand there like an idiot....like i said very awquard.

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah, whenever I go to the movies alone, I go to the first showing of the day, usually around noon, and everytime I go to see a family or animated film (The Pacifier or Finding Nemo for example) Im usually the oldest one seeing the movie, and yes at times its quite unsettling and makes me wonder, am I supposed to see this movie
    Evil is actually in my job description

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks
    yea i know how both of you feel i feel the same about being out of place in my family gatherings, partys,and BBQs and when im at the movies you feel stupid being there it like bugsbunnyx said about it being awquard

Do to others as you see fit

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, when I went to see "Finding Nemo" because my mom wanted to see it. It was just parents and there kids, and I was like 18 at the time. And whenever I used to like my grandparents, and spent time with them, I felt out of place. Because they like to play cards and stuff with other old people. I became a great card player though.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    it happens to me all the time, i just accept it as one of my many querky ways. i survive by knowing that i'm happy.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Newbie lil'applsaus may be famous one day lil'applsaus may be famous one day lil'applsaus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ok... ok, when I have been in a situation like that... (there have been many)I always find that the best way to combat that akward feeling of missplaced self, is to do something that makes me appear even stranger... IE, sitting backwards in my chair, till the person behind me gets so nervous that they have to get up and walk out... lol, good times... or even... (this one requires the right seting) ...polka dancing to the music during the end credits ^_^ that one can be quite enjoyable, or outside the movies, you can try running in a five foot circle, or around a random person, for ten minutes or so... my favourite thing to do is climb something, it just feels good... then I reach the top... and everyone is yelling at me to climb back down ^_^ hehe
    But as far as feeling out of place its only one of the biggest parts of my life.
    "Its just a sweater."
    "MONKEYS!"
    "There are two kinds of people..."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast