Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: out of place?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    This may not apply but I had a similar experience in a non-kiddie movie.

I went to see The Return of The King at a weekday matinee showing. All the parents had brought their kids who weren't old enough to be in school, ie 5yrs and under. Instead of feeling out of place I had to wonder if they had lost their minds. I got a babysitter for my kids, what was wrong with them? Or do they consider mass battles appropriate for preschoolers?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't seem to have this problem. I go to children's movies all the time, and I see a variety of ages.

I work at a theatre too, so I get to see who's going where, and a lot of adults go to see children's movies, without children. For instance, there was my g/f and I, and 3 other adult couples in "Kicking and Screaming" when I went to see it. Of course, it was just us and them, and it was the late show... Maybe I just choose appropriate times to go where there will be less kids and more adults. It comes with disliking kids and doing everything in my power to avoid them, I guess.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Newbie Neon_Fantasy may be famous one day Neon_Fantasy may be famous one day Neon_Fantasy's Avatar
    Thanks
    The times when I would feel out of place would be when my mum has get togethers with her friends and I have to be there. All of them will speak a language I don't understand and so, I would feel like I don't belong since I have no clue what they are saying. Especially if they would look to me and say something and I would just think, 'Umm.... Nice to meet you too?'
    "Whenever we're upset, all we need to do is get together and laugh and play until we're totally exhausted, giddy and giggly. Then the sadness, just like these feathers...will miraculously float away."

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I can relate to that.... I went to an all girls multi-cultural highschool... so alot of my friends were spoke different languages and lived a completly different lifestyle to what I did.
    One of my friends got got engaged (arranged marriage) when she was 16 and didn't think a thing of it.
    Just to say, that whenever I went over to their place, or slept over... I felt out of place in a big way, especially since none of the parents of my friends spoke any English.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    o.o every movie i ever went to also had a variety of ages.... must just depend on where u live at.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    o.o every movie i ever went to also had a variety of ages.... must just depend on where u live at.
    Huh???

Edit: OH gotcha!!
    Last edited by Miroku4444; May 20, 2005 at 12:42 PM.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks
    I play the Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game, so when I go to tournaments or want to trade, I end up surrounded by 8 and 9 year olds. I feel like a giant and sometimes I think that the kids parents are looking at me like Im some shady scam artist who is looking to rip kids off.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks
    i see what your saying and i felt like that to but who cares if the kid wants to do a trade then it's up to him/her not the pairrents. anyways back to the toppic at hand
    i feel out of place when im at chuckycheess and i see all these little kids and i think to my self man what i wouldn't do to get out of here(i had to go with my cusin(dont know if it's spelled right) it was a complet 4 hour borfest) i was the tallest person their even the workers were small i couldn't take out my psp because to manny kids were crowding around me never go to chuckycheess with out some one your age

Do to others as you see fit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast