Thread: Outlaw Star (YESH!!)

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Outlaw Star (YESH!!)

The series looks really great, I started watching a couple eps of it like maybe 3 or 4 ... But it was so long ago that I can hardly remember it.

If I'm not mistaken, Adult Swim used to air it, right?
    Anyhow, is it worthwhile downloading...and basically, can anyone give me their overview on it? It looked really good. Any opinioins on it? It looked kinda "Tenchi-ish".

I have a dialup modem so bittorrent is out of the question, I'd have to buy the series.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Outlaw Star (YESH!!)

Haven't seen it, but it sounds interesting. The characters look cool as well. Here is a link that briefly describes about it and gives characters bios: http://www.animezen.net/anime/star

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

During it's initial US release, Outlaw Star was second in popularity only to 'Cowboy Bebop', and Trigun and is simular in style. It also has a spinoff series called 'Angel Links' where one of the episode 'guest' characters of Outlaw star become regulars.

Popular in the US, Outlaw Star (like Trigun) was considered only a moderate success in it's original Japanese release, which explains the lack of a sequal series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Haven't seen it, but it sounds interesting. The characters look cool as well. Here is a link that briefly describes about it and gives characters bios: http://www.animezen.net/anime/star

Yah, Gene Starwind is sooo friggin sweet. If I remember right (From those 3 eps I saw 2 years ago!!!) He uses Tao-Magic Missiles to shoot and destroy enemies or something like that. HAh its soo cool

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I LOVE OUTLAW STAR!!! I never missed an episode... And I purchased the entire season on DVD. The characters are great, as is the story. As LenMiyata mentioned, the spin off series Angel Links is ... so so. It's a bit tacky. But it takes place in the same univers at OS.