Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pagans in the united states

Otaku Wrath may be famous one day Wrath may be famous one day Wrath's Avatar
    Thanks
    You know, people can be what ever they wanna be, Oh yeah is that really sailor moon in your avatar???? It seriosly looks like an onion. An onion with pig tails. If it is sailor moon....its really weird lookin. freaky! You know it kinda looks like a napkin folded over with a pencil in it. With string on the sides.
    Last edited by Wrath; May 19, 2005 at 05:35 PM.
    -Maximum dimensions for signatures is 110(height)x450(width), maximum file size is 150kb. ONE IMAGE ONLY!

Newbie datapimp may be famous one day datapimp may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I am christian and openly accept differences in faith. I always present my view, but respect theirs as well. I really don't think kicking people out of the home is what Jesus would do... If anything Jesus was the #1 pacifist, it angers me to see his name used in conjunction with the war in Iraq, ect... Bush saying it was an 'order from god' just screams redflag, at least to me... Seperation of church and state ? What even happened to THAT. I think jesus rocked, and no way in hell would he support a giant war whose collateral damage is causing just as many problems as the actual combat with insurgents. It just isn't fair to bomb whole blocks where innocent men, women, and children live. I *WILL NOT* accept that. I doubt you would either, especially if you were in IRAQ.

I love religion, I love Jesus, but so many of the messages have been so perverted and manipulated for personal gain that it just makes me sick to my stomach.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    *ahem*

Casting stones at others religions is a poor way to get them to respect yours.

You can doubt Jesuses divinty all you want, that is your right, but there is no question about his existance. The sheer number of documents from the time is mindboggling due to the Romans being in control.

As for "60% fake bible" there is far more "proof" as to it's truth then any of the documents or traditions I have seen for Wiccans. (I won't touch the shroud of Torren.) If nothing else it is a historical document.

Personally I find people who believe there is more then one God claiming that someone elses is fake to be just a little ridiculous. If you want to say, as the Romans did, that christians are religously narrowminded for only believeing in one God feel free. But even the Romans believed he existed.

"People who live in glass houses"....
    Thanks for saying all that, I feel the same. I was a little offended be Lord Katsuhito comments too, being a christian.

Again well put!!

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." (reference to no-one being sinless)

Yeah, translation can be a pain. And then there's having to understand the culture of the people who wrote it in order to understand what is really going on. It's why I have such a pet peeve about taking scriptures out of context. Fortunatly there is still origional copies of the Bible in the origional language so it can be checked.

Of course they try to convert you, it just means they care.

Think about it for a minute. What if they are right and there is only one way to get to "heaven". If they didn't try and help you get there doesn't that mean they either don't believe it or they don't care? If a friend of yours that's a christian tries to share their religion with you just take it as a compliment and move on.

As for the hypocrits... well, you find those everywhere. I'm afraid the world is full of them. *shrugs*

But then, are any of us perfect?
    "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
    Being Wiccan for over 21 years you start to understand why people beleave in other faiths Most christians are nice because they where brought up in a christian home. Most wiccans are nice because they beleave that good will twards men is equal.

To be honist its great talking about religon with other people They want to know what I do to pray and vis versa.

As for the Heaven part Wiccans beleave in whats called "The summer lands" When a wiccan beleaver dies they go to the summer land and is prepared to be put back on the earth as a new person

I have nothing wrong with any religon Christans, budists, muslums, jews, we all have our god to pray to if it wasn't for religon this world would be torn apart everytime something major happened.

It just shows you that People have the right to religon and shouldn't matter to anyone what they beleave.

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Thanks for saying all that, I feel the same. I was a little offended be Lord Katsuhito comments too, being a christian.

Again well put!!
    Like I said didn't mean to offend anyone Im not one big on bashing someone for what they beleave who they are what color their skin is its just facts I beleave in. Ya know?

I was watching something on the Discovery channel how they found out how jesus lived his life to be honist thats a cruel way to die and suffer like that. I don't mean to hurt anyones feelings when it comes to what they beleave.

My whole family is wiccan but my Aunt she is Christion I still love her even if shes not in the same religon and family tridisian.

Newbie kowanatachinmokualpha may be famous one day kowanatachinmokualpha may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I to am of the wiccan beliefs. It just si happens that my aunt is a high priestess and I am by earned and by blood inclination, a crown prince. However, there are many different stages and styles of wicca. And as faras the whole witch thing goes, well, every one is a lil' evil at one time or another, but if they are dabeling in the black arts..... my advice is to walk away because everything that they do that comes of harm to another person will come back on them ten fold and you don't want to be anywhere around when the cow dung hits the wind mill if you know what I mean. As far as dealing with it, well I can only really say this, we are fun loving people, easy to aproach, and we love healing, mentally, emotionally, phtsically, (etc.), and spiritually as well. Just talk to your friend and make it very clear how you feel, he/she won't react as bad as you might think and you might even find some interest in some or maybe even all of our beliefs. Just defend him/her like you would any other friend and let it be at that. Make sure at the same time that you are comfortable in the situation you are in..."if they are really good friends of yours, scratch what I said about the whole dark magic thing that would only make me a hypocrit, I have a friend who dwells in the arts of black magic and I still stand by her side no matter what. Other than that, don't know what to tell you. Hope this is of some help.
    [FONT=Impact]"In a world of darkness and aray, only one can stop alone on top. Can you be that one?"[/FONT]

Newbie dark_moon may be famous one day dark_moon may be famous one day dark_moon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kowanatachinmokualpha
    And as faras the whole witch thing goes, well, every one is a lil' evil at one time or another, but if they are dabeling in the black arts..... my advice is to walk away because everything that they do that comes of harm to another person will come back on them ten fold and you don't want to be anywhere around when the cow dung hits the wind mill if you know what I mean.
    well i know what you mean i have a friend that may or may not be into the black arts. Needless to say I don't hang with her as much as i used to.
    Pagan Beliefs and Pagan Ways make me smile about better days

Newbie A'Karuya may be famous one day A'Karuya may be famous one day A'Karuya's Avatar
    Thanks
    well I just feel comfortable knowing that this many people would accept me
    LOVE LIFE WORK PAIN SARROW AND THE GRACE OF THE ANGELS TO EVERYONE

always and forever, through pain and sorrow, through love and joy

A'Karuya (the young warrior)

Newbie animenet may be famous one day animenet may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i would think it was pretty coo.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast