Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pangea

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Pangea

I'm referring to the supercontinent that at one time consisted of every major peice of land.. North America, Asia, Europe, Australia, Africa, South America etc. then shifted and seperated over 180 million years ago and formed the modern world we know today. My question is, if Pangea never disbanded how much different do you think we as a people would be today? Culture, Language, Physical Appearances....would we even treat eachother better? Here is an image of how the once great continent looked.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pangea

Are you sure that your source for that map is accurate? Back when Pangea was the world, India was still embedded in Africa, just south of Somalia.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

or so we think...

I don't know. I mean, I guess we would be a little different. But there would still be nations prejidice against other nations, I don't think how close we're all together will ever change that. Though you have to wonder what would motivate the Renaissance...

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm....the image should be accurate.

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

I always pictured it being one large land blob....Then again you have to add the islands and stuff like that....

I'm ♥mazing!

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    hmm....the image should be accurate.
    Nah, I was thinking the same thing. Plus, doesn't it seem logical that the border of Brazil be connected into the border of Africa. They look like a very fitting puzzle piece.
    Plus, The UK looks like it should be inside to norther Canada, with the border of Canada connected to Europe

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

No, it's not correct. It's supposed to be like this:

http://www.scotese.com/newpage8.htm

The link will take you to a site that talks about it.

You also need to remember that alot of dry land now used to be under water.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Ah, i see. I'm still learning alot about it myself....I've known OF Pangea for quite sometime i just never really delved into the background that deeply. Thanx for the correct pic Ari.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast