Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pangea

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pangea

Grumble Grumble Grumble...

But if the Super Continent never broke up, chances are that we wouldn't be here. The break up of Pangea is also associated with the explosive growth of new ocean life forms of the Cambrian period. The current theory is that the creation of new oceans and shore line from the start of continental drift led to the creation of new environments and new life forms. The Cambrian period is well before the establishment of life on land...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan's Avatar
    Thanks

i think there would be either one massive race or, that we would all kill each other for the power of this super continent.
    Don't let me be.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Ah, i see. I'm still learning alot about it myself....I've known OF Pangea for quite sometime i just never really delved into the background that deeply. Thanx for the correct pic Ari.
    You're welcome.

If you wish to see the progression of the formation of Pangea and it's change into what we have now (as well as a progression for the future) check the links on the left side of this site:
    http://www.scotese.com/sitemap.htm

Just realize that it is based on the slow drift theory.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata

But if the Super Continent never broke up, chances are that we wouldn't be here. The break up of Pangea is also associated with the explosive growth of new ocean life forms of the Cambrian period. The current theory is that the creation of new oceans and shore line from the start of continental drift led to the creation of new environments and new life forms. The Cambrian period is well before the establishment of life on land...
    Damn, interesting stuff Len.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think there'd still be other races, some natural boundary that would keep us isolated, but probably fewer nations than there is now. Who knows?

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe we still be as we are today. Separate and unequal. Ari said that the dry land was more prevalent before pangea, therefore there would be a lot more land to migrate to. Perhaps our population would increase and still be governed by the few.

Or maybe I'm not making any sense, just speaking dust.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Connected land would mean lower variety in species and no surprise with new diseases. If we weren't killed during evolution, we would be just a single race and thus much more similar.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata

Is it possible that humanity would have still existed, only many years later?

Ok, after the short intermission, can anyone answer my question? Or is it impossible to theorize something like that?
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Nov 06, 2005 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Cleanup

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast