Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Parental Advisary Notices

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Parental Advisary Notices

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    Oh trust me, some care. I'm only 18, so I've heard about other people's parents a lot. Either they don't care, just keep an eye on them, or they're like hawks with thier kids. I think for some parents the power goes to thier head. I have a lot of friends that are Apastolic Christians, which is a strict religion. Those households ussually don't even have TV's. Anything rated higher than PG seems to be out of the question. trust me, I have to deal with the ranting of friends every day.
    You have to be kidding. You and your friends are legal adults right??

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't matter if they're 18 if they're still living at home. It's their parents home, they set the rules. (Especially if there are younger children present.)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    It doesn't matter if they're 18 if they're still living at home. It's their parents home, they set the rules. (Especially if there are younger children present.)
    Yeah thats true, my parents werent that strict though. They would have let me watch shows like inuyasha when i was 12.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    You have to be kidding. You and your friends are legal adults right??
    I wasn't at the time. And yuo don't understand just how strict AC's can be. I have a friend who's 20 and still living at home with his AC paernts. I can't imagine why. But her parents still have her chained down. It's funny, yet oh so very sad...

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think most parents pay attention to the rating. I could bring up GTA buuut.... we all know that story. I mean, parents buying it for their children who are like, 13? And then complaining about the content, even though it was clearly rated 17+.

And so many parents come in trying to get their under-14 children into 14A movies. I have FOUGHT (verbally, in the politest way I could muster) with some parents about this.

Parent: I am giving my kid permission to see this movie!
    Me: Well, I am saying they cannot get in because they are not old enough. 14 or with an adult.
    Parent: *big hissy fit*
    Me: *shoves rating descriptions at them* It is the LAW.

Bringing up the law usually makes then back off. =3 I love refusing admission. What I don't love is having to do the parenting for these kids. I wish some parents would realize, "Hey, my kid is not mentally nor emotionally mature enough to handle the content in this movie/game/music/etc".
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

I notice them sure but I'm 22 so I can pretty much whatever, law abidingly of course, I want to do. But when I was a kid my parents were pretty strict about that kind of stuff like I wasnt allowed to watch Beavis and Butthead or even The Simpsons til I was about 12 or so. Movies and CDs were never really big in my life until the last 4 or 5 years when it hasnt mattered because I was already over 17. Now I look to make sure CDs have parental advisory stickers on them because I refuse to buy edited music, it completely ruins it for me. I want it how it was suppose to be, but I can understand why parents wouldnt want their 12 year old having it. I've noticed them on tv shows, again no longer applies to me, but sometimes I wonder how certain shows can be rated as hard or soft as they are, for the most part I think they are accurate though.

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

This is confusing; my dad showed me a movie with bad language and nudity, and HE doesn't like me watching Inuyasha??? Whats up with that?!?

Newbie amjl81 may be famous one day amjl81 may be famous one day amjl81's Avatar
    *Looks around* Someplace on earth that I loathe.
    Thanks

An CDs, my mom looks at it and then asks why. Usually I check out the lyrics first before I go and buy it. i have to do it with my sister too. But it's usually because of cussing.
    On movies, if there is a sex scene or nudity my mom won't get it if she wanted my sister to watch it. But we hardly watch movies with sex scenes, if there is we fast forward.
    For anime? Who cares. lol. My mom watches it sometimes. My dad was into Wolf's Rain. They know that they cuss. They're okay with it. That is as long as I saw it before we show my sister. It rocks being older then her, and more mature. Yeah 18 rules! lol.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast