Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Particular customs of your area.

Newbie WaNaBeFaNgIrL may be famous one day WaNaBeFaNgIrL may be famous one day WaNaBeFaNgIrL's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Particular customs of your area.

For christmas my family makes a big dinner ( thats prity much the same thing evey year) But... we do this thing before the dinner. Some stands up and cuts up an appel of how many ever people there are eating with us that year. Everyone gets a peace in simbalizing ( sorry for crap spelling) that we are hole(family) like the apple..then we dip it in honey and eat it. Then we tack a wall nut and open it. If its healthy youll be healthy for the rest of the year and if its not then well tobad. lol jk but then we dip it in honny and eat it. Then we tack garlic and dip it in honey and eat it.. the garlic reprasents our faith. i dont like the honey or garlic or wall nut so i just eat the apple part.

Then another thing we do is we put hay around the christmas tree. The hay stands for how baby Jesus slept in the hay when he was born.. i love this part of christmas cause the hay is so much fun. This is Hungarion tradition for christmas.
    www.senchi-con.cjb.net
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt./ Be careless in your dress if you must, but keep a tidy soul./ Shut the door. Not that it lets in the cold but that it lets out the coziness. Figer who wrote them i'll give you a cookiey

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Every 4th of July, me and a bunch of friends go by the river, watch fireworks, drink, and light off our own fireworks elsewhere. One year we ended up on the wrong side of the river and had to watch fireworks reflect off of skyscrapers.

On Thanksgiving, my siblings and I go to the home of every relative we can think of. We either split up as teams, or go as a whole pack. I'm suprised we stay so damn skinny. We don't really do anything TOO special on Christmas. We do the tree and stuff, but we usually just watch a movie then pretend like it's Thanksgiving.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Nice, but has anyone got some more less common holidays? Everyone knows Christmas and everyone from the USA knows the Fourth of July.

Newbie Koketsu may be famous one day Koketsu may be famous one day Koketsu's Avatar
    Thanks

well i already had halloween and thanksgiving a while ago but Rememberance Day is coming up soon

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koketsu
    well i already had halloween and thanksgiving a while ago but Rememberance Day is coming up soon
    Please explain Rememberance Day.
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 03, 2005 at 02:19 PM.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

always watch crappy movies on christmas day... not really a custom more of a tradition >.<
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

I think H is looking for more miscellanious Holidays.

Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Thanks

Hanukkah thats about it for me...Well we have a family custom coming to celebrate our heritage..A huge dinner with all the food brought by family. See I'm english,Scotish,Jewish, and my second set of grandparents are italian.(5 sets grandparents/god parents in all!) Its a huge feast and I especially love having 4 grannies in the kitchen makeing desserts! yummmmmmmmy ^^. Then we do dances and dress in our countries clothes..Yamaka and kilts match it's amazing!!! lol its funny and yummy and weird!
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast