Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pat Riley to come back to coach Heat??

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Pat Riley to come back to coach Heat??

We've had alot of "come back" threads, with Barry Bonds and Hockey, but I present you all with another.

Dr. Jack Ramsey, old Heat broadcaster and reliable basketball source, said that Pat Riley is most likely coming back to coach the Heat.

Is this a good thing? What did Stan Van Gundy do to deserve losing his job? Nothing. If it wasn't for 4 of the 5 starters being injured, the Heat would have been in the Finals, and maybe even had won it. So, why is Stan Van getting the cold blow from Pat? Didn't Pat leave a couple years back saying it was his time to go?

In my opinion, this is an amazingly selfish act by Pat, who by the way, had been doing a great job as the President of the Heat (drafted Wade, and recruited Shaq).

That's all I'll say for now. And please, no short, vague answers this time, bring some meat to the table. If you don't like basketball, or don't know much about it, or the story presented, then don't post.
    It's not that you can't post, or that I'm being irritable and picky, it's just saying things like: "wow!! pat riley is cool he's a good coach and if he coaches the heat will rock!" makes you, and the thread in general look stupid. Thank you.

Edit: By the way, just to clear it up, I did get some information on it from PTI on ESPN.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Jul 15, 2005 at 03:06 PM.

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Re: Pat Riley to come back to coach Heat??

Too bad, you're still gonna get a short answer...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2108713

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont see how Riley coming back would help them anyway. Van Gundy has been decent and they were a game away from the Finals. I think they are fine the way they are, they just need to stay healthy, especially Shaq. I think Riley is also fine where he stands, as team prez, so like Skillz's post confirmed I doubt we'll see him back as coach, at least not anytime soon.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

as much as Riley is a good coach, I hate people who does things like that. Remember when Jordan came back?? He was good, but he made everyone around unhappy. So let's put it this way, if Van Gundy gets fired, I am sure someone else will hire him.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    I think they are fine the way they are, they just need to stay healthy, especially Shaq.
    Speaking of Shaq, what about what he thinks? Shaq lost weight for Pat Riley, not Stan Van. He also complained about not having the ball in his hands, if Shaq wants Riley, aren't they almost obligated to keep him happy?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    Speaking of Shaq, what about what he thinks? Shaq lost weight for Pat Riley, not Stan Van. He also complained about not having the ball in his hands, if Shaq wants Riley, aren't they almost obligated to keep him happy?
    Well more like shaq has to lose weight for himself, because of his weight is making his production decrease and it puts more pressure on his toe. Besides he is well liked and known not to be selfish, so I wouldn't think he has to do it for anyone.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

But you didn't answer my question. If Shaq wants Pat Riley to coach him, wouldn't Pat and the organization have to comply?

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Only if that's what it took to get him to resign

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast