Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pat Riley to come back to coach Heat??

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pat Riley to come back to coach Heat??

Yeah I dont know how much pull with the coach Shaq has to be honest. But I doubt even if Riley came back that he'd get the ball anymore because Wade is now the main star running the show down there. Riley didnt coach Wade all that much, its mostly been Van Gundy.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Wade might be a rising superstar, but Shaq is the glue that holds everything together. Shaq, unlike Wade, makes everyone around him better. Just look at Udonis, Damon Jones, Dooling, and some of the others.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if I remember correctly Wade, not Shaq, was the reason the Heat even made it a decent series against the Pistons. The truth of the matter is is that Shaq is starting to reach the later part of his career while Wade is a budding star. Wade is the future and Shaq is no longer the dominant player he was two and three years ago when the Lakers were winning every year. He's progressively getting more and more injury prone. Now that isnt to say Shaq isnt as good if not better than most centers in the game, he can hold his own against anyone, but he has to understand he's not getting any younger and his role as a veteran team captain (much like Dave Robinson in his finals years when Duncan came along) is more important to the team than his own selfish playing time and spotlight. People are going to talk about him no matter what and he's gonna put up decent numbers no matter what, but he's not that 25/12 guy he was with LA, now he's more of an 18/10 guy and to be honest thats really all the Heat need because Wade, at his young age, has already proven he can lead a team in crunch time and if Shaq had been anywhere near full strength I dont think the Heat would have had much trouble putting the Pistons away.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Well if I remember correctly Wade, not Shaq, was the reason the Heat even made it a decent series against the Pistons. The truth of the matter is is that Shaq is starting to reach the later part of his career while Wade is a budding star. Wade is the future and Shaq is no longer the dominant player he was two and three years ago when the Lakers were winning every year. he's not that 25/12 guy he was with LA, now he's more of an 18/10 guy
    1. Shaq didn't help Miami much in the series against the Pistons because he was injured, you mentioned that yourself later in your post.

2. Wade is the future, and the rising superstar, but Shaq is STILL a superstar, and old or not old, Shaq is the future for the Heat, atleast for the next 3 years or so.

3. Shaq is still the most dominant player in the game, although more injury prone due to age.

4. He's more of a 22-24/10-14 guy if you ask me. Plus he shot 60% from the field this season, not to mention help Haslem get open and get 50-60% from the field as well, and that's not including D. Jones who shot 40-50% from the 3 point line. That's a hell of alot better than what most teams have and want.

Thanks

Hah sorry SS I dont think we're gonna see eye to eye on this one, I mean you have a valid argument and infromation to back it up. Only time well prove which one is right. I just dont see Shaq as being the most dominant player in the league right now, I think he was a couple years ago when he was MVP for the Lakers, but he's not even the Heat's MVP right now (in my opinion).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2