Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Patlabor

Newbie barnabus may be famous one day barnabus may be famous one day barnabus's Avatar
    Thanks

Patlabor

Any thoughts on Patlabor? I was searching through some anime on amazon.com and came across it. Has anyone seen this series or the movie?

barnabus

Newbie VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've seen 1 & 2. I liked them both. They have great art and storylines imo.

My Blog - It's Not Your Space - ym/aim: RaiserOfGales msn: RaiserOfGales @ hotmail.com

Newbie barnabus may be famous one day barnabus may be famous one day barnabus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks, I researched a bit about the series and movies and then, given the fact that lately I have been a tad obsessed with anime of any kind, I bought Patlabor I on amazon.

barnabus

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I haven't seen the series (yet!) but by reputation, Patlabor is that 'other' significant Mecha series (other then Gundam that is ...) that was spawned by the 'Golden Age' of anime in the 1980s. For those who haven't heard of it, Patlabor is a civilian 'police' genre Mecha series, in contrast to the 'interstellar war' enviornment of the Gundam series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    There are multiple Patlabor anime and a manga:
    Patlabor (manga)
    Patlabor OVA
    Patlabor TV
    3 movies and one spinoff of the third movie called Mini Pato or Patlabor minimum.

I've seen the movies, they have a good story but it moves along quite slow.
    Last edited by Hassun; Mar 20, 2005 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks
    I don't mind slow. I find that, in many cases, a slow film, if it works (if one enjoys it), a brilliant dialogue is apparent or the overall message of the film can be more pronounced. It's more difficult to make a slower film I think, in animation or anything.

barnabus

Newbie Chaos_Catalysis may be famous one day Chaos_Catalysis may be famous one day Chaos_Catalysis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Is Patlabor in any way connected to AppleSeed. I have not seen Patlabor, but in the previews I have seen for AppleSeed looks like some of the pictures I have come acroos from Patlabor? Was just wondering and did not feel like starting another thread just to ask a simple question. Knowing my luck though the answer I seek in somewhere else on this sight. Well thanks ahead of time for any info.
    The destruction of one is just the being of another

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

AppleSeed does not have any connections to Patlabor (other then the common Anime artistic style...) AppleSeed does have a connection to 'Dominion Tank Police' and 'Ghost in the Shell', as like AppleSeed, all of these Movies/Series were based on manga created by Masamune Shirow....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast