Thread: Perntal controls.

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

Perntal controls.

ok my friend cant get to the sites she likes. we tryed this

1. start

2. control panel

3. security

4. "trusted sites"

5. added the sites

and we were done. but when she tryed to get on it didnt work. anyone got any ideas?

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Perntal controls.

you might have proxie, but i dont recommend taking that off, sorry but i dont think that bypassing is a good idea..just ask my computer (i had to get windows reinstalled and costed my 80sumthing dollors, lol,

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

where do you find this out?

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

@ SasuraiHell you are smart enough to reinstall windows and not pay a dime! Ask me next time and I will walk you through it , I have installed windows 95 - XP pro like a thousand times so trust me!

@Akurei Kakudo, I assume you are refering to the Content Advisor being on and it blocking you/your friend from sites?

Here are the steps to removing the password for content advisor. Just note 2 things, anytime you mess in the registry be very very very very very careful and the second thing is that your parental unit may not like you disabling it!

*How to Remove Content Advisor Password in Internet Explorer
    The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state.

1) Click on Start and choose Run.

2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.

3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and Policies.

5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.

7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.

8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x). For IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.

10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.
    *taken from PC Hell : http://www.pchell.com/support/contentadvisor.shtml

If you aren't talking about the Content Advisor being on then I will need you to be more detailed in what it is and isn't doing. Error messages, etc...

Good luck
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Feb 02, 2006 at 06:38 PM.