Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: -Perpetual Peace-

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks

-Perpetual Peace-

Immanuel Kant wrote an essay entitled Perpetual Peace were he constructed a philosophical sketch to attain peace amongst all nations. Not considering the logistical aspects of this essay, based on your own experiences and ideas: do you believe that peace can be established in this world, amongst all nations?

Not considering present day trends and "hypes", are people and nations wholly capable of sustaining peace for all time to come.

Can people live in peace?
    Last edited by Hardedge; Jan 04, 2005 at 07:03 PM.
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    nope.
    Cause people have they're own opinions of peace. An who'd wanna a world with no crime or civil disturbances o.O?? j/k i'd like to see the world at peace... But the last time it took a meteor to kill all the dinosaurs, for the world to be at peace. I don't wanna be kill'd by a meteor.....
    so this world of ours, will never be at peace. Cause that is the fate of humanity.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Peace between nations? The way I say it...We're all one nation. No matter how many oceans or skin differences we have. We're the same. No matter what religion or no religion.....Our blood is red, is it not? And since we're all the same....We have to be different and do something different.

Peace also comes with a lil bit of chaos. Just like love. Nothing can stand firm by itself. There is always something in it or around it to make it stand. And well....There ya go.
    Seduced by Flesh

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I agree. Although we may want peace, you won't be able to attain total peace without completely destroying a human mind. It's not possible to keep all howevermanybillion people that are alive from occasionally killing each other. You cannot have just peace, there is going to be conflict somewhere.

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    There can't be peace, when there's just so much conflict and issues between us humans in varoius aspects. To actually erase these conflicts is impossible So, peace is also impossible to achieve throughout the whole world.
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Peace amoungst all nations? Well, the way things are at the moment I don't think it's possible. Each world leader is out to cut the best deals for their own nation, usualy at the expense of another. Until that changes, and world leaders work for real global benifits, then there will always be war and conflict.

Peace amoungst all people? I think that it could become a general truth (cutting out individual conflicts and disagreements). The only thing is that the world is so diverse, with so many cultures and principles that are simply uncompatable with each other. Even if this was overcome, we would still have to stomp out poverty, hunger and disease in order to have even a slight chance of it working.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    But the last time it took a meteor to kill all the dinosaurs, for the world to be at peace. I don't wanna be kill'd by a meteor.....
    Well, I hope that doesn't happen, but I have faith in the future. Maybe if the meteor comes at a time when we are able to stop it, it could signal the dawn of a new age of humanity? It would certainly help people see the bigger picture, that we really are all essentailly the same and that conflict is ultimatly just destructive and pointless.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm, very sophisticated responses. The last attempt with this topic met with a far more pejorative response. I suppose I agree that factually, peace as a realistic concept may be quite elusive. However, I am a student of Kant and am quite convinced by his affirmations, so I generally lean towards any and all propositions of peace.

For our discussion though, I don’t see peace in the near or ever far future. People, as most of you alluded to, are too markedly different and whether they rationally seek peace or not, they are simply ill-suited to it.
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    The human race as a whole is to ignorant, and to diverse to sustain a peaceful world.

What I mean by diversity though is that since there are so many different types of people in the world, then eventually someone would have to come along that only wanted chaos in the world, and so would devote themselves to such a cause.

Perhapd one day, when our species evolves and hopefully becomes more intelegent in may become obtainable, but still it's very doubtful even then.

Peace among all nations is impossible as far as I'm concerned, but peace within communities and possibly a few nations in the world, I believe that, that could be accomplished.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast