Thread: Pet peeve with Photoshop

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Pet peeve with Photoshop

I've got a small problem, everytime I boot up Photoshop CS or Imageready CS it creates a folder called "My Pictures" in My Documents. The fact is that I don't want that folder as it directs all my picture save paths to it and is just annoying.

Is there anyway I can make it stop creating this folder? I've check all over in the programs settings and found nothing.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    why don't you want it to create this folder? it makes perfect sense to me to have all your pictures in one location....

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Concidering that the My Pictures folder is already in your Documents folder, you shouldn't really worry about it because windows puts it there.

You should also use it. Its a good way to keep your pictures organized. The my pictures folder on my computer is well over a gig in size (Thanx to all the PSD files), but it has over 10000 photos in it.

as for stopping CS from doing what you say its doing, I've never really heard of CS ever doing that. It shouldn't be createing folders with out you telling it too. I suggest going through the settings and disable any kind of "Gallery organization" feature or doo-hicky that you can find.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    The fact is that I'm very visual with my folders and with Windows XP if you view your folders in the Thumbnail view you can customize it to show a picture of your choosing, however folders such as My Documents, My Pictures, and My Music are NOT customizable. That and I hate having everything named "My ...." I prefer keeping my photos in my folder called "Images" So I normally keep My Pictures deleted, but when I boot up Photoshop it automatically creates the My Pictures folder.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    dude, you can customize that stuff.

microsoft made a lovely little utility called tweakui that can do all sorts of lovely stuff that you couldn't customize before.

it can even turn on tab complete for commandline applications

so download tweakui from microsoft and try that. works wonders for me.

Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Thanks
    Wow, I never knew about that program and it did exactly what I wanted, changed the My Pictures folder location the Images folder, kept the assigned thumbnail, and Photoshop doesn't create the unwanted folder. Thanks for the info!

Thanks
    no problem! for once microsoft made a usefull program and gave it away free!

you can do tons of stuff with tweakUI. it's my favorite little utility ever produced by microsoft, the devil incarnate.

glad i could help!

Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"