Thread: The Phantom of the Opera

Newbie therealslimfatguy may be famous one day therealslimfatguy may be famous one day
    somewhere in the south western part of the US
    Thanks

The Phantom of the Opera

Everyone that I've talked to either said that they refused to see the movie or that they hated it. I'm just curious what other people thought of the movie. I loved it, it was absolutely amazing.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Hmmm, those friends of yours' must be insane. I've seen the broadway, and the movie looks amazing. I've known the story as well, and I think it's beautiful. I really am needing to see the movie, since it came out in my town in a select theater, I have a chance to see it.... I should MMmmmm Phantoms Of Operas... fun
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by therealslimfatguy
    Everyone that I've talked to either said that they refused to see the movie or that they hated it. I'm just curious what other people thought of the movie. I loved it, it was absolutely amazing.
    Ask them if they have ever seen anything else by Andrew Lyod Weber? From what I have heard anyone who goes in expecting a regular movie is going to be dissapointed. It's an addaption from an Operetta! If you don't like Operetta's of course you won't like the movie.

Personally though I'm really looking forward to it hitting my theaters! I've been familiar with the music for over 15 years and it's some of my favorite.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    I saw it over Christmas break, and I really liked it. I practially know the Bradway version by heart (though I've never seen it; I always miss it when it comes to Denver), and the movie stays very true to the musical, right down to almost all of the lines being sung. My only complaint is the Phantom, he really wasn't cast right. He's way too young, and his voice is somewhat weak. But all in all, it was a really fantastic experience. i don;t know how the movie visuals compare to the theatre production, but in my opinion, the movie just looked spectacular. Especially the opening sequence with the chandilier and 'Masquerede'.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    umm, it's ok. Not the greatest film i have ever seen... NOT the worst either. The worst goes to A.I. ... that was 3 hr's of my life i never get back
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    umm, it's ok. Not the greatest film i have ever seen... NOT the worst either. The worst goes to A.I. ... that was 3 hr's of my life i never get back
    Hmmmmm. A.I. was really horrid >_<
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Mana may be famous one day Mana may be famous one day Mana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Andrew Lloyd Webber is a genius...my mom introduced me to broadway musicals and of the like at an early age and that will always be a part of my life. I remember listening to the Phantom of the Opera and The Very Best of Andrew Lloyd Webber millions of times. I even read the translated french story Le Fantôme de l'opéra by Gaston Leroux where Phantom of the Opera originated when I was in the 4th grade.

Reviewers of this movie are comparing it to the musical and you can't do that. When you're there it makes you feel like you are part of it and the theatrical version can never do that. On the other hand I thought the movie was marvelous, and Andrew Lloyd Webber was very excited to use a very wide range orchestra instead of just using a good sized orchestra pit. I saw this movie 2 times and I'll probably see it again before it comes out to DVD. I will always love this story, and the music ALW composed for it. *gives two thumbs up*

Phantom(Eric): "Brava, Brava, Bravissima!"
    "so i herd u liek mudkips"

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Haven't seen it, only due to personal taste that's all, I'm sure if I were into that kind of thing I would go see it. Who knows? I might go see it when I retire~