Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is the phrase "Merry Christmas" gone?

Newbie OracleAngel may be famous one day OracleAngel may be famous one day OracleAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Is the phrase "Merry Christmas" gone?

Seasons Greetings!!! Happy holidays!!! Its X-mas day!! Happy-roast-chesnuts-in-the-fireplace-day! Its on the news, its on the ads, newspapers and its starting to dissapear in most of US changing the way people there live out during the holidays but the question is:

Is the phrase "Merry Christmas" starting to dissapear or is it just another misconception to strike fear to the hearts of thy faithful? do you think were better with or without it? or do you simple dont care much upon it as long as people are happy....?

~ Minitokyo | Blog/Fanfic | Imanimetions~
    "Imagination can move mountains.. no wonder no one believes us"

Otaku Mana may be famous one day Mana may be famous one day Mana's Avatar
    Thanks
    People happy? Without saying Merry Christmas? Pfft, that's freakin' blasphemy right there ladies and gentlemen. XD Unless it's against your religion or beliefs. >.> But even then, it doesn't really HURT to say it if someone says it to you while walking by, does it?

Just hearing or seeing it with warm smiles, those festive colors. Believe me..Mana has NOT lost the Christmas Spirit. XD I still bake homemade cookies, hang mistletoes, decorate the house inside and out. It's like most of the holidays put together...how can you NOT like it?

K I'm gonna shut up now. >.> But yeah I know where you're comin' from OA, but I still believe! MERRY CHRISTMAS AO!!!!
    "so i herd u liek mudkips"

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    With the new gen of teen and all The phrase sorta has died out with kids not beleaving in santa these days. I just don't know maybe the false beleaf of Santa has just went out the window with alot of fokelore these days. Easter bunny is also gone. Maybe because they both revolve around a "Christian" holiday. and we have less and less Christianity with the new age religions like Paganism and Wicca. not to mentiion religion from other contries and what not. So I donno

Otaku Mana may be famous one day Mana may be famous one day Mana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamui Shirou
    With the new gen of teen and all The phrase sorta has died out with kids not beleaving in santa these days. I just don't know maybe the false beleaf of Santa has just went out the window with alot of fokelore these days. Easter bunny is also gone. Maybe because they both revolve around a "Christian" holiday. and we have less and less Christianity with the new age religions like Paganism and Wicca. not to mentiion religion from other contries and what not. So I donno
    *jumps up and down impatiently* But...but the joy it brings! >.< I dun like teenagers all that much.

Oh and hi person. ^^
    "so i herd u liek mudkips"

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Most folks who actually care, are willingly to say a Mery Christmas every now and then. I may not be the cheerest of them all...but I do love my Christmas...I also make sure all the kids knnow...that if they're bad.......no christmas for them..

Merry Chrismachanakwanzaka!!
    Seduced by Flesh

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah, most people's don't care for christmas but their is some.... myself i love christmas...i get more money to buy lots of cheetos
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hm.....I personally think the phrase is dying down because people are trying to be respectful of other holidays happening over the season. Some may find it offensive if you say...Merry Christmas to them, if they're not christian. I see it at work, it's rather annoying....my boss always says Merry Christmas first but then goes back to correct himself and say Happy Holidays.... I mean....if you're gonna be PC, then just say Happy Holidays and get on with it, don't make it a big deal.

Personally, I only say Merry Christmas to people I know won't be offended...and Happy Holidays to those who I don't really know, or people I know who WILL get offended (which aren't too many)
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie Hikarisis may be famous one day Hikarisis may be famous one day Hikarisis's Avatar
    in my own little corner, in my own little chair; i can be what ever (or where ever) i want to be!!!
    Thanks
    well.........................merry christmas then.
    what? what did i do??

what ever goes up doesn't always have to come down.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast