Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is the phrase "Merry Christmas" gone?

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    I gave up trying to be PC quite a while ago. No matter how hard you try, you are going to offend someone. I still say "Merry Christmas" to anyone. If the someone to whom I am saying is offended by this, they are more than free to correct me and their complaint will be registered and corrected. But not if they overreact and go off on me or something of the like. If people are calm and civil towards me, I shall try to treat them with the same respect.

P.S. Merry Christma-Chaunu-Cuanza-ka

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Winter Solstice. I just say it all to whoever it applies to. I celebrate Christmas so I wish everyone Merry Christmas and no one is offended. If I know they have another belief I wish them well for their holiday. It's the thought that counts and few people mind you wishing them happiness.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamui Shirou
    With the new gen of teen and all The phrase sorta has died out with kids not beleaving in santa these days. I just don't know maybe the false beleaf of Santa has just went out the window with alot of fokelore these days. Easter bunny is also gone. Maybe because they both revolve around a "Christian" holiday. and we have less and less Christianity with the new age religions like Paganism and Wicca. not to mentiion religion from other contries and what not. So I donno
    I agree, the phrase "Merry Christmas" is gone due to religion. I have also noticed that the media affected this. Hmmmm also, Pagan and Wicca are not "new age", they go back to the 1660's.

Santa has died off ~ it's like they're tring to corrupt. I 've seen it everywhere.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    I agree, the phrase "Merry Christmas" is gone due to religion. I have also noticed that the media affected this. Hmmmm also, Pagan and Wicca are not "new age", they go back to the 1660's.

Santa has died off ~ it's like they're tring to corrupt. I 've seen it everywhere.
    I agree it due to the religion fact. I think its stupid, how strong is your religion, if you cant handle a HARMLESS PHRASE like merry christmas. I just hate all this PC crap. If someone comes up to me and says happy kawanza, Im not going to get all offended..geeze!! We all say we want tollerance, but doesnt that include christanity??

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't think the phrase has died, but I think it lost some of it's meaning. I myself am not the jolliest person when christmas comes to town, but that's because it's lost some of it's glamour. Mostely, for me anyway, the media is to blame for this. Right after halloween is over, we get bombared with Xmas songs in malls and sells and evreything else that has to do with Xmas shopping...

People are stressed with worries about what to get and some people are sad because they can't anything for their loved ones. With society has it is,lots of people don't have anyone or anything to share with others on Xmas day....

I'm not a Grinch, I just think that the good old meaning of Xmas is sorta gone.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    guess so. i still say merry christmas.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    *lowers head in shame* oh cmon....this is just ridiculous....reguardless on what your religion is....the phrase is purely just a positive wish that you enjoy this time of year. End of Story.

Otaku Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless's Avatar
    Thanks
    Honestly I think people are just looking for anything to complain about these days. First its about Janet Jackson's breast (Omg! My innocent son's eyes were exposed to 2.3 seconds of satanic nipple that is the most TiVo'd moment in history! No one should be able to see that!) then Howard Stern (He's a disgusting man! I don't care to listen to him so therefore I am going to write to the network threatening to sue, take weeks out of my life because I know whats best for everyone and no one should listen to it) and now Christmas (I don't care to have your evil religion shoved down my throat!).

Honestly, 'Merry Christmas' is a traditional saying, even atheists say "Merry Christmas." I think we need to seriously chill out and stop trying to control everyone's life. My advice: if you don't like it, don't listen/watch/respond. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However,
    a great number of electrons were terribly
    inconvenienced

Love with its back turned My manga highschool love story.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast