Thread: The Pirate Captain

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks

The Pirate Captain

I figured you all would find the following story funny:

I'm a student at North Carolina State University. We just had our student government elections. For student body president we had three normal standard guys wearing ties running, and then.....The Pirate Captain. He was dressed as a pirate and would not tell his name. According to some loophall in the university bylaws all you have to do to run for student body president is have a valid student ID and to be in good standing with the university. Well, come election day he carried 44% of the vote, the rest of it split between his fellow candidates. The second place guy only had 20%. Because the Pirate Captain didn't have a majority of the votes, a runoff election was held between him and the second place guy. The Pirate Captain won with 58% of the vote.

So next year, some guy who had no political stance on issues whatsoever, except getting students involved in the election, and made a complete joke out of the elections, will be our student body president. Did I vote for him? Of course!

Here's the article about it:
    http://www.technicianonline.com/story.php?id=011628

And here was his campaign commercial:
    http://www4.ncsu.edu/~pjbusby/ncsupirate.avi
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Lol, that's equivalent to making a joke out of your school and your student body. Nice job! Hehe. :]

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    That kind of stuff is always fun, and they don't even do bad at all, mostley they are the idiots who's smart enough to win the elections.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    That is brillient!

I wish him luck though, getting a student body involved is difficult at best.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!