Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 Speculations

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Playstation 3 Speculations

Everyone has been questioning the ps3 demos that have been shown at e3. People are wondering if they are real time or if they are pre-rendered. Well, PSM magazine has confirmed which demos were real time and which weren't.

here's a link to the page

http://www.jeux-france.com/news10872...recisions.html

Don't worry about the french language, just click on the images to see the pages of the magazine and what the truth really is.

I'll sum it up for those who might not have enough time to read the pages.

Pre-rendered:

Motorstorm
    Tekken 6
    Gundam
    Formula 1

Real-Time:

Killing Day
    Heavenly Sword
    I-8(Insomniac)
    Eyedentify
    Ni-Oh
    Final Fantasy 7 tech demo
    Warhawk
    Fight Night Round 3
    Fifth Phantom Saga
    The Getaway
    Unreal Tournament 2007
    Vision Grand Turismo
    Killzone

Yes, that's right, Killzone ps3 is officially not pre-rendered. The only thing in the article that was a little strange was how they were able to speed it up from 5 fps(frames per second) to 60fps.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Playstation 3 Speculations

This cleared up a lot of questions. Thnx.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks

also i statment was made that the cell by cell for the demon wasnt using its full potential and will in fact use at least 25% more than displayed at E3.

Sony has officially lost Blueray because toshiba the manufacturer was bailed out so at the moment is possible the PS3 will either have HDDVD or DVD i would preffer HDDVD as it is a new media type.Jan

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GamesTesterJan
    Sony has officially lost Blueray because toshiba the manufacturer was bailed out so at the moment is possible the PS3 will either have HDDVD or DVD i would preffer HDDVD as it is a new media type.Jan
    You wouldn't happen to have a link of that news would you? I would like to read more about it.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GamesTesterJan

Dont know where you go that at, read up any of the news on places like gamespot and you'll see the president of Sony touting how they are so far still planning to use blu ray. He mentions that he doesn't see Sony and Toshiba ever coming to an agreement to combine their technologies and so they are going with their original designs for now. Word is they are going to push blu ray no matter what they have lots of movie industries backign them just like Toshiba and its split right down the middle so they wouldn't just up and drop it, so unless they announce something soon for now its officially going to be blu ray. They never "lost" blu ray. Toshiba and Sony just never came to an agreement about merging, neither has dumped their standard. I get a lot of freetime at the office so I've been reading plenty of stories coming out. But for me to believe that sony has completely dumped Blu ray please show me the exact source your pulling that from. As theres plenty out there right now that say otherwise. Not saying that it may not change between now and launch, but pretty much any real change would right around now, as they have to start production on the units soon which would leave no time to change the format standard. But as of right now everything I've seen says they are sticking with their blu ray format. So if you've got other official info please share the links. Which I doubt you will find them as an announcement that big would have been allover every game/news site there is as the blu ray format is more than just a game format to sony and I would have seen 20 stories about any decision to completely drop it. And btw its spelled "Blu Ray" ^_-

Related sources

HD DVD/Blu Ray merger talks over
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000690047529/

PS3 cost estimates
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06...s_6128295.html
    (you'll note in this story they show the price of a BD-rom drive which is a Blu Ray disc reader)

Official Stance of SCE President Ken Kutaragi dated 06/20/05
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06...s_6127799.html

caption
    Kutaragi also talked about his decision to adopt Blu-ray for the PlayStation 3 rather than wait a bit longer to see if the Blu-ray and HD-DVD factions would come to a final conclusion on a unified disc standard. "E3 was the last chance," Kutaragi said. "The PS3 is the console of the future, so I wanted an extreme amount of capacity. But for that, we need cutting-edge technology, and not technology that is currently available. My suggestion was to come to an agreement with a physical format that is as close to [the Blu-ray's] 0.1mm as possible. But the PS3 launches in spring 2006. If we had continued to wait for a unified standard, we wouldn't be able to release the PS3. We no longer have any more time. It's game over."
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Jul 01, 2005 at 07:31 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks

I see, so that was false information.

I have found a link to an article in gamedaily Biz that discusses how sony will lose 1 billion because the ps3's estimated cost of each system is $500, and they believe that the ps3 will sell for $299-$399 to compete with the xbox 360, thus making them lose money. Do you think they will be bold enough to sell it for over 400 dollars losing consumer support or will they end up losing money? To me it just seems like a lose-lose situation.

Here's the link

http://biz.gamedaily.com/features.as...feature&email=

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah as I said theres no way they are dumping blu ray. too much money invested and if they were too we'd have heard the rumblings allover the place by now. But yeah good article I'd read that the other day about the loss on production. Xbox is in the same boat, they say it'll cost about 399 to make and so thats where they are guestimating its 299 price tag. As they said console makers always lose a ton the first year then start making it back up with software. I know the report mentions how sony would lose more if Xbox dropped its price at the PS3 launch. But I dont really see Microsoft dropping the price of the console 6-8 months after its launch when they are already losing money on it. But we'll have to wait and see.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks

if you guys want to read some more interesting articles, try reading the one from anandtech as it goes indepth of the insides of the xbox360 and ps3. very meaty article that goes to show just how much hype there is around the console's power.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast