Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 Speculations

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Playstation 3 Speculations

also I didn't even notice that prior post I was talking about the guy makes it sound like Toshiba made the Blu Ray discs Sony makes them its their creation. Also you act like HD-DVD is the "new media" and that Blu ray isn't. You do know that they are both new?? Also the Blu Ray is the larger capacity disc, holding some 60 gig's. HD-DVD's dont hold nearly that much. The main difference is that HD-DVD supporters are saying that manufacturing is cheaper as it uses current manufacturing machines, they just have to be slightly modified. Whereas Blu Ray needs entirely new development machines. The part with you saying toshiba the manufacturer has bailed out is just hilarious though, I think you read something about the possible merger talks that fell apart and got the completely WRONG idea. They were thinking of mergering their two technologies. Nothing close to what you said. Sorry but I get urked when people essentially make up information and actually post it confusing people. Thats just ridiculous.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    also I didn't even notice that prior post I was talking about the guy makes it sound like Toshiba made the Blu Ray discs Sony makes them its their creation. Also you act like HD-DVD is the "new media" and that Blu ray isn't. You do know that they are both new?? Also the Blu Ray is the larger capacity disc, holding some 60 gig's. HD-DVD's dont hold nearly that much. The main difference is that HD-DVD supporters are saying that manufacturing is cheaper as it uses current manufacturing machines, they just have to be slightly modified. Whereas Blu Ray needs entirely new development machines. The part with you saying toshiba the manufacturer has bailed out is just hilarious though, I think you read something about the possible merger talks that fell apart and got the completely WRONG idea. They were thinking of mergering their two technologies. Nothing close to what you said. Sorry but I get urked when people essentially make up information and actually post it confusing people. Thats just ridiculous.
    About the Blu-ray, they (Sony) are going to have to sell with alot of losses, until the people pick up on the new media of course...if it picks up...
    Microsoft got a negative percentage on practically every XBOX they sold (because of the HD), I hope Sony wont have to deal with the same problem.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah wether or not Blu Ray takes off for movie media will definitely play a huge role, since if it does fly then they have a double selling point on the PS3 since it'll be a blu ray player. But if it doesn't well then all they can say is their game discs hold massive Gigs :\

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

People have been predicting that the xbox 360 will indeed cost $360 dollars. No one has confirmed anything though but that price point would be a part of their "360 vision" that they explained during e3. The Blu Ray games are probably going to cost 10-20 dollars more than they do now, so that means paying about 60-70 dollars for a game.

Also, Cybergig1, let me ask you a question. Seeing as that Killzone tech demo was real time, does that mean that the ps3 is definitely better than the xbox 360 in terms of graphical power?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BFmastermind
    People have been predicting that the xbox 360 will indeed cost $360 dollars. No one has confirmed anything though but that price point would be a part of their "360 vision" that they explained during e3. The Blu Ray games are probably going to cost 10-20 dollars more than they do now, so that means paying about 60-70 dollars for a game.

Also, Cybergig1, let me ask you a question. Seeing as that Killzone tech demo was real time, does that mean that the ps3 is definitely better than the xbox 360 in terms of graphical power?
    I thought it wasn't even played on a PS3 and the 360's demos weren't played on an Xbox either... Just PCs with 'similar' power.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BFmastermind
    Seeing as that Killzone tech demo was real time, does that mean that the ps3 is definitely better than the xbox 360 in terms of graphical power?
    Well it has been said that the prices of games will be increasing with the new generation. I'm sure the blu-ray will help that a bit but as time passes it should become cheaper to print blu-ray discs.

Also, in terms of graphic power the PS3 is stronger, but you won't be seeing much difference between the 360 and PS3 for a year or two when the bigger game devs learn to really use the PS3 kits and PS3's power.

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    I thought it wasn't even played on a PS3 and the 360's demos weren't played on an Xbox either... Just PCs with 'similar' power.
    Actually, there were xbox 360 demos and systems on the show floor. I believe they had a playable Gears of War, Prey, and another game. So the xbox 360 tech demos were claimed to be running on the system itself.

The only playable demo for ps3(behind closed doors) was Unreal Tournament 2007. But I'm not sure if it was being played on the system or the computer, but it's probably the latter.

Thanks

I really can't answer that now for a couple reasons. Mainly its all on paper, so until we really see the actual games it'll be hard to tell. Plus I dont think we'll see the full potential of the systems until they've been out about 2 years. Then we'll see developers using more and more if not all of the potential the systems have, it seems like at first all the games look "about the same" since the developers are just going with what they know and semi trying what they can with the new hardware. But later they learn all they can and start maxing out. Its then that they can only do so much depending on the hardware, so it would I imagine be there that we start seeing each systems limitations, and the one with fewers limitations would essentially be top dog and the overall powerhouse graphics winner. On paper it is said the PS3 has it, and I tend to agree, but we have to wait and see if its Nvidia's version or ATI's new pipe systems that make a larger difference. I still think that if used correctly that Cell processor can do some insane things. So we'll wait and see and either way I think we'll all be playing some great games out of both systems. At the end of the day you never know they could just end up both looking about the same with just one or the other looking that much cleaner overall in the graphics department. So like the difference between having your AA on 4X or 8X on a pc.

I wouldn't be surprised about that xbox 360 price since your right they seem to really be pushing the 360 trademark so that wouldn't be that bad a price I guess. Considering all the technology in the box and a hard drive its really a steal. Heck all that for your PC would cost a couple grand lol! the Video card would cost more than 360 bucks I mean c'mon!!

Not sure on the xbox 360 demos. I've heard those that did the behind closed doors things said they were running the games on like the alpha kits and stuff, since noone had an actual working Xbox 360. It was all just run on equipment simulating things, and even then for all of them it was like not the full power each of those sytems can handle, which is awesome haha!
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Jul 01, 2005 at 02:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast