Thread: please!!! have mercy, i need help bad!!

Newbie teardrops may be famous one day teardrops may be famous one day teardrops's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy please!!! have mercy, i need help bad!!

Ok, i have been to some many Gimp tutorials that lack in detail. I have a lot of sketches i wish to color, but i really don't get how. I know how to use a paintbrush and stuff, I just need to know how to do the whole layers thing. You know, like you have a layer for skin, and one for hair, and ect. I am so confused though because some tutorials just don't explain in detail. It just says that after you get your lineart all nice(which i know how to do),then u put a transparent layer above that. But, then they say to use the select by color tool to select all the black, then just paste it to the transparency so that your lineart has a transparent background.
    Uhhhhgggrrrrr!:mad2: this is making my brain hurt, so if you have an easier way or can help explain this to me please do! Just help!!
    Pain is just a state of mind. So get over it.

Otaku baikuza may be famous one day baikuza may be famous one day baikuza's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: please!!! have mercy, i need help bad!!

after make an selection with path maker, you can fill it with colour as much as you want. feel free in colouring it. you will know automaticaly if you try it.

i think this is a good start to do it. if you still confused with what i'm telling just ask more in here thread. also you can PM me, but do not push me too much. i'm not good on prevent my mad. hehe..

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure where you get your tutorials but here is a good place to go if you already havent been to it:

www.gimptalk.com

Thats a real good place where I get tutorials, brushes, and other stuff

I can also suggest that you try things by yourself. The only thing that'll do is give you an oppurtunity to do things in your way which should be easier. Theres no need to follow the tutorial word for word.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't get what you are specifically asking for, but is what you are asking for is how to make transparent layers and merge them together?

Newbie teardrops may be famous one day teardrops may be famous one day teardrops's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, i know i sounded way confusing so ill make it simpler(is that how u spell it?)
    I want to know how to put the outline of my drawing on a transparent backround so that i can just have the outline and put more layers for the skin, clothes, ect.
    Is that better??
    Pain is just a state of mind. So get over it.

Otaku baikuza may be famous one day baikuza may be famous one day baikuza's Avatar
    Thanks

.... is my post not give the answer what you want?

now.. i confuse with what you'e talking about

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

if this is a gimp thread i have a question where can i find a good tutorial on blood drops or making it flow off a table like spilled water?
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself