Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 34

Thread: pledge in school

  1. #1
    Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pie-town
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation pledge in school

    Today I am in time out(hahaha) all day!)for not standing for the pledge of aligence. In our county it is law that you can't sit during the pledge. You can only not say the pledge if you get a signed note from your parents. I did not stand because i don't believe in god and I'm not american.
    So do you think this is right?
    They say we stand out of respect what if we don't have any for this country?
    Do you think there is a lack of democracy in america's schools? Do you think there should be?
    Please answer and be as truthful as possible!
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

  2. #2
    Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    1,043
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: pledge in school

    Quote Originally Posted by Weebl
    I did not stand because i don't believe in god and I'm not american.
    So do you think this is right?
    They say we stand out of respect what if we don't have any for this country?
    Quite frankly, you were wrong for doing it. I find it funny how you don't have any respect for this country, and yet you live in it, and use up it's money and resources. You should show respect, for the mere fact that you're able to be here.

    *Scoff*

  3. #3
    Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pie-town
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: pledge in school

    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    Quite frankly, you were wrong for doing it. I find it funny how you don't have any respect for this country, and yet you live in it, and use up it's money and resources. You should show respect, for the mere fact that you're able to be here.

    *Scoff*
    Thank you for your opinion I will think about your thought.
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

  4. #4
    Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: pledge in school

    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    Quite frankly, you were wrong for doing it. I find it funny how you don't have any respect for this country, and yet you live in it, and use up it's money and resources. You should show respect, for the mere fact that you're able to be here.

    *Scoff*
    The way you say it, "able to be here", it's as if you think there's no better place in the world to be than the US, and I completely disagree with you, in both an objective and subjective way. Also, the guy's parents most certainly pay their taxes, of which part of you are using as well.

    To pledge allegiance to a country that isn't yours, and to state that you trust in God while you don't, is simply put, a LIE. Therefore it is my opinion that to legally oblige this is wrong.

    And I am thinking about all students, not only the non-american ones.

  5. #5
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: pledge in school

    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    Quite frankly, you were wrong for doing it. I find it funny how you don't have any respect for this country, and yet you live in it, and use up it's money and resources. You should show respect, for the mere fact that you're able to be here.

    *Scoff*
    I agree with you totally. Showing some respect wont kill you. Its like if your at a formal dinner party with friends, and you come upon ppl you dont like that much. You show them respect and act like gentlemen. Its a sign of class and good upbringing.


    So when you didnt stand it just showed disrespent for this country and yours. Well that just my feelings anyway.

  6. #6
    Newbie rpgmasterjayo may be famous one day rpgmasterjayo may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: pledge in school

    I don't have respect for my country and I was born here(the netherlands) whats wrong with that? Most dutch are a bunch of spineless weaklings/losers(glad I'm half britisch too ). But on the other hand I couyld be worse, we don't have hurricanes although we don't have much nice weather either and we also have an ok economy so it could be worse. And actually you can't really compare people to a country.

  7. #7
    Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pie-town
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: pledge in school

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaines

    To pledge allegiance to a country that isn't yours, and to state that you trust in God while you don't, is simply put, a LIE. Therefore it is my opinion that to legally oblige this is wrong.

    And I am thinking about all students, not only the non-american ones.
    I think that if you have a reasonable excuse that you shouldn't have to...but if others want to they can. But Vaines what do you mean "to legally oblige is this is wrong" Do you mean that I shouldn't have to stand and neither should others(I was also punished with another student for the same reason). Or that I was wrong and what I did was defiance?
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

  8. #8
    Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: pledge in school

    Quote Originally Posted by Weebl
    I think that if you have a reasonable excuse that you shouldn't have to...but if others want to they can. But Vaines what do you mean "to legally oblige is this is wrong" Do you mean that I shouldn't have to stand and neither should others(I was also punished with another student for the same reason). Or that I was wrong and what I did was defiance?
    I was on your side, defiance is not always a bad thing. What I think is the other way round : the people showed you disrespect imo in not letting you do what you thought was right.

    I will turn what kastelic said the other way round : If they don't like you or the way you behave, they still have to show respect to you and your beliefs.

    So, yeah what you did was good imo.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do u like school?
    By Rook in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: Nov 12, 2005, 09:13 AM
  2. Religious Holidays in School
    By Kasai in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Nov 09, 2005, 03:07 PM
  3. Unreal school (Private for now)
    By Silent Falcon in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 09, 2005, 03:21 AM
  4. School Drama
    By Lady Symphony in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 21, 2005, 07:10 PM
  5. Old School Anime
    By Boo45 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2005, 07:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts