Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: pledge in school

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: pledge in school

I just have different ways of showing my respect, Barronmore, that's all.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you stand when the flag is presented or when you hear the national anthem? These are also signs of respect. If the flag is present when you pledge you should stand, just like you should when it is presented or the anthem is sung.

As for giving the pledge more then once....it's a symbolic renewal of your pledge. You are reaffirming your pledge to the country.
    Hey I did that too and no I don't think they can force you to say it...I got told off for not saying by my homeroom teacher and then I sued his ass for making me say it....
    Also if it were up to me I would change what the pledge says because to me it is basically saying to worship the flag...and uh uh I do not worship anyone or anything...and to all u haters out there who will probably say that is wrong...I DON'T CARE... because believe me if it were up to me I would not be in this country.
    Last edited by Cheza; Nov 03, 2005 at 04:42 PM.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza
    Hey I did that too and no I don't think they can force you to say it...I got told off for not saying by my homeroom teacher and then I sued his ass for making me say it....
    Also if it were up to me I would change what the pledge says because to me it is basically saying to worship the flag...and uh uh I do not worship anyone or anything...and to all u haters out there who will probably say that is wrong...I DON'T CARE... because believe me if it were up to me I would not be in this country.
    Excellent poit and i totally agree we shouldn't be forced and I'm glad you took action.

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    You know what it is? Laziness. Let's be honest, does anyone today really have a problem with the pledge? No, kids aren't thinking "Well I'm not christian..." or "Gee, I'm not really American, I don't think I should do this..." It's all laziness. Kids just don't feel like standing up and giving 2 minutes of their time. It's not that big of a deal. Stand up and pledge, it won't kill you.
    Its not laziness. I have strong views when it comes to this country and its lousy government. America pushes the wealthy up and tries to cover up the pain in the world..And when they do start to care they don't follow through with the care that is needed(look at katrina vicims..how fast are they working to rebuild?). A majority of people in America are lazy and spoiled and don't know the true pain of famine or otherwise. This is my opinion and I know how hard things can get and I've seen some bad stuff..most of America thinks that they are the world. America has been racist,homophobic, Bigots that need to open they're eyes and minds. And many americans have strong political views too but they don't register to vote, many of you do not push your selves to make the world better and in the end America's carelessness will kill us all.
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

忍び Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    Let's be honest, does anyone today really have a problem with the pledge?
    Actually, I do. As patriotic as I am and as much as I love my country, I think the pledge should go back to how it originally was, and that is without the "under God".
    I don't have a God complex. I am God.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

This coming from a guy who proclaims himself to be God in his Forum signature. Wouldn't you want to be honored every time children recite the pledge?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Weebl
    Excellent poit and i totally agree we shouldn't be forced and I'm glad you took action.

Its not laziness. I have strong views when it comes to this country and its lousy government. America pushes the wealthy up and tries to cover up the pain in the world..And when they do start to care they don't follow through with the care that is needed(look at katrina vicims..how fast are they working to rebuild?). A majority of people in America are lazy and spoiled and don't know the true pain of famine or otherwise. This is my opinion and I know how hard things can get and I've seen some bad stuff..most of America thinks that they are the world. America has been racist,homophobic, Bigots that need to open they're eyes and minds. And many americans have strong political views too but they don't register to vote, many of you do not push your selves to make the world better and in the end America's carelessness will kill us all.

I was kinda offended by that.

Ive seen the same racist, xenophobic performed by other countrys too. You were talking about racism and such and you just did the same. I dont see other countrys trying to make the world better either.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Weebl
    Yes, the United States does have well known publicized problems. But despite this, the US has made more progress in the last century in addressing its social, ethnic, religious, and political problems then any other country in the world. (As an example with my own family. My parents and grandparents were forced to sell all their property within a 24 hour period for pennies on the dollar, and interned in a machine gun tower protected barbed wire encampment for the duration of WWII. But now, Japanese Americans aren't considered a disadvantaged minority... Can you name any other country in the world that has made more progress then this???) There are many countries in this world where publicly complaining about the problems of the country would be considered a treasonous act. And I bet that the devestated regions hit by Katrina are going to be rebuilt faster then other recent disasters, such as the Tsunami that hit S.E. Asia, or the Earthquake of Pakistan. Part of the problem of voter apathy is ignorance of the ethnic strife, graft, and coruption that exists in the rest of the world.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see why people care if it's under god or not. I mean I wouldn't care if someone took it out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast