Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pls help me identify this

Newbie rynkh may be famous one day rynkh may be famous one day
    Thanks

Pls help me identify this

I watched this fantasy anime like years and years ago and I can't recall the title. Hopefully some of you can identify it for me.... here goes....

Like I said, it's a fantasy genre. There's this group of heros going about searching for something (can't remember what). Each of them invokes the protection/aid of their god. Only there's this one god who is thought to be totally evil but is actually nothing of the sort. Only one hero believes in this god and each time he has to fight, he prays to his god for special powers. All the characters are beautifully drawn (long flowing blond, green,blue hair, flowing robes), not muscular like dragonball, not goofy like pokemon.

That's the best I can describe it. It's like 10-15 years ago I think. It came out before pokemon, before lordoss war, before evangelion. Hmmmm.... could be about the same time as akira. Anybody point me in the right direction ?

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Isn't that the zodiac knight or something like this.
    Coming soon.........

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    No, the zodiac knights protect Athena, all of them. Then there's those knights (not called zodiac knights) that protect Poseidon, and others, but there aren't so many different gods, and there isn't one with a single god.

But perhaps it is, since he doesn't exactly recall, as the rest of what he said seems to fit (looking for parts of the armor of Sagitarius). Important : Were they wearing armor?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    well the knights of zodiac were wearing armors but I doubt they were protecting the god's or anything and i also doubt they had to look for armor cuz all the armor is in this metal box

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks
    In the first season they had to look for the armor of Sagitarius which had been first stolen by the Phoenix knight then by others. And armor can be squaterred in pieces. And the destiny of the Zodiac Knights was to protect Athena, so yes they had to protect gods.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's not Saint Seiya is it? (Or is Zodaic Knights the same thing ^^)
    I haven't seen it so I can't say for sure, for Saint Seiya's characters were often well drawn beautiful men, idolised by many fangirls and often the subject of doujinshi of the fangirl variety ^_^

The only other thing I can think of would be RG Veda, but that only got a three episode OVA done for it.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie rynkh may be famous one day rynkh may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Nope, definitely not Saint Seiya (Zodiac Knights). No armour, no short kids. Unfortunately it's also not RG Veda, although along a similar storyline (gods).

As I remember it, it's more like the characters from RG Veda. For one thing, I remember the long flowing robes, the long windblown hair and the beautiful sad faces. It's set in an oriental medieval period, not medieval like king arthur but european with an oriental theme. The character I remember most is the one "priest", young male with flowing green hair, who is the only disciple of the supposedly fallen/evil god. He's the one who seems most powerful, 'cos the other heros can't seem to get their gods to give them enough power to fight off monsters. Then this green haired guy would pray for a specific power, and gets it and fights off the monsters. I only watched one episode of it, maybe one episode was all there was ?

Sorry I can't give more examples than this, but thanks all the same for scratching your heads to come up with something I'll keep looking....that's how I found Babell II

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    It's not Saint Seiya is it? (Or is Zodaic Knights the same thing ^^)
    I haven't seen it so I can't say for sure, for Saint Seiya's characters were often well drawn beautiful men, idolised by many fangirls and often the subject of doujinshi of the fangirl variety ^_^

The only other thing I can think of would be RG Veda, but that only got a three episode OVA done for it.
    Last edited by rynkh; May 27, 2005 at 05:56 AM.

Thanks
    I found something that sounded like it, it's called Gestalt:

http://www.go-anime.net/review/gst.html

Hope it is what you're seeking. If it is, it has only two OAVs it seems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast