View Poll Results: Do you buy anime you watched fansubbed?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all the time

4 20.00%
  • A few series that I really liked

9 45.00%
  • No, but I'd like to

5 25.00%
  • Nope. Why would I if I've already seen it/have it on my computer?

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Buying anime after watching fansubs: how are we doing?

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    For me, if I like the Anime Series, I would buy it just for the pleasure of owning it and watching it whenever I want. I don't know. I sound possessive. :S

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    I buy a lot of things that I watch fansubs, it's how I know what's good to buy, and since I prefer dubs to subs it makes the purchase much more worthwhile

Shows I've watched subbed and bought dubbed:

Chobits
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Martian Successor Nadesico
    Nadesico: Prince of Darkness (movie)
    Mezzo DSA
    Mezzo Forte
    Midori Days
    Ranma 1/2 (yes all of it)
    Ranma 1/2 OVA's
    Vandread
    Vandread: The Second Stage
    Scrapped Princess
    Elfen Lied (on preorder)
    Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

So yeah, the GREAT majority of anime I buy is what I've seen fan-subbed.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    impressive list omega, i own chobits... does that count T-T
    Lol, i've seen several of those... but haven't had the money or the chance to buy them yet XD.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie LordGdawg may be famous one day LordGdawg may be famous one day LordGdawg's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmmmm.I have one series that I will definately buy when it comes out.(My Hime) and one I probably won't.

What is this "outside" of which you speak?

Newbie Trance may be famous one day Trance may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Havnt bought yet but thats what helped get me started on Anime which i will most definitly buy what interests me... especially after my japanese language courses at the university
    wider selection!

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    I buy a lot of things that I watch fansubs, it's how I know what's good to buy, and since I prefer dubs to subs it makes the purchase much more worthwhile

Shows I've watched subbed and bought dubbed:

Ranma 1/2 (yes all of it)
    Ranma 1/2 OVA's

So yeah, the GREAT majority of anime I buy is what I've seen fan-subbed.
    Are you serious?! Ranma 1/2 has one hell lot of episodes! That must have cost a hell lot of cash! I love Ranma 1/2 but I've never attempted to buy the whole series. I guess money is an obstacle when coming to owning your favourite Anime. :]

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    For Myself, fan Sub is a way to not spoil my money out. If I like a serie, I'll buy it. But I will never (with a few exeption, as for a great review or an advise from friends) buy a serie without having at last saw 2 to 5 ep. I am the materialist style. It is like buying something unusefull.

Actually, I have seen a lot and a lot of fansubed serie. around 175 serie complete. 80% of them are liked by the mighty me .... And YES, I'll buy them on DVD(only if they are at reach...>_<) Poor me, A lot of money to go. But at least, DVD allow me to share them with friend that only know Hentai as japanimation.... .

I only have 2 serie in owning progress,

Ghost in the shell SAC & Fullmetal Panic. But don't worrie. I'm quiting Smoking, so I am having a goal. LOT OV ANIME
    Coming soon.........

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by esthered
    Are you serious?! Ranma 1/2 has one hell lot of episodes! That must have cost a hell lot of cash! I love Ranma 1/2 but I've never attempted to buy the whole series. I guess money is an obstacle when coming to owning your favourite Anime. :]
    Yeah well I uhh kinda bought *cough*hong kong bootlegs*cough* for every season except the OVA's. Eh heh... Legits would have been a hell of an obstacle for me as well. One of the few shows I don't own the legit domestic release of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast