Thread: Pom Poko

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Pom Poko

I said earlier that I buy everything by Studio Ghibli. After watching Pom Poko I will have to reconsider when it comes to movies directed and produced by Isao Takahata.

I should have gotten a clue at my first look at the very anatomically correct raccoons. Frankly I was in utter disbelief when they started singing about their "balls swinging in the wind". When the shapchanging raccoons started using their testicles as weapons though I was done.

The myriad use of shape changed testicles in Pom Poko; a red carpet, parachutes, a large boat, and weapons.

I HAD bought this movie thinking my kids could watch it. Instead I was glad that there was a flaw on the disk and I could return it without them even knowing we had had it. It was two hours of my life I can't get back.

Anyone else see this movie?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Suzy may be famous one day Suzy may be famous one day Suzy's Avatar
    In Puerto Rico the stinkiest place on earth.^~^
    Thanks

Re: Pom Poko

Damn what luck,theres no way you can get it back or get a new one.
    '' Death, cruelty, murder the things i have hate forever, Life is like a test with a limited time'' And doesnt have any sign''
    I wish i could help you but i make things worst, by liken you

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, I saw the whole movie. I was to stuned and in disbelief to turn it off. The flaw could be FF over so it didn't prevent us from finishing.

I don't want it back.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I was also lifting one eyebrow while watching this but the anime academy review helped me out a bit.
    http://www.animeacademy.com/finalrevdisplay.php?id=402

I don't think this is one of SG's better works (it's not really a 'Hassun type' film either ) but I learned to appreciate it a bit more after doing some mild research on the intentions oft his film.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

RACOONS WITH GIANT BALLS
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs screaming into the night like a madman*

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I have to admit that both 'Pom Poko', and 'My Neighbor the Yamadas' are not the strongest of the Studio Ghibli releases. You have to keep in mind that 'Pom Poko' was developed as a TV special as a 'kinder and gentler eco thriller', and as such, shouldn't be compared against the Studio Ghibli theatrical movie releases...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

A TV special? That explains the pacing.

It's fairly obvious that it's based off of folktales. There are alot of European folktales I wouldn't want my kids watching either....none involving testicles to my knowledge though.