Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pop-up killers - stop those annoyings pop-ups forever

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks

Pop-up killers - stop those annoyings pop-ups forever

On the internet today the number of annoying popup ads has literally exploded. You open one window and another one comes popping up, you close this new window and you just find yet another ad window popping up with only one purpose: To destroy your surfing experience and irritate you. [img]Image1.gif[/img]

Sometimes you even have to restart your computer and it makes you wonder if you have to buy a new computer to continue to enjoy the internet.

Popup Killers, prevents unwanted popup ads.
    Luckily, there is software on the market today that kills and stops popup ads. We have been testing different popup killers and stoppers trying to find out which are the best ones on the market today.

Some of the software take to much control of your surfing: Will not let you open new browser windows and will not let you follow links that open in a new window. If the popup window blocker takes to much control you will soon find this just as irritating as without any software installed. You just have got to find somethin that's perfect for you. But I give you a few tips.

Popnot
    Popup-stopper
    Popupcop
    Popup-eliminator and more at
    http://www.popup-killer.info

And mine comes from Panicware.com

Pop-Up Stopper (free) from
    http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html
    just doing his job. You only see an icon in your systemtray and when it's stops an pop-up it just flashes. No more, no less. Just perfect.

And have a look in the wide selection of available downloads from cNet.
    http://download.com.com/3150-2381-0.html?tag=dir

So, happy surfing without pop-ups from now.

Yours,
    Phoenix Of Love

Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Otaku Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267's Avatar
    Thanks

tool bar free popup blocker

or you could just get the web tools tool bar from morpheus (online music downloads) has on and all you do is to get the tool bar and then go to:

1. control pannel
    2. add or remove programs
    3. click on webtools toolbar and remove that but leave the accual tools there

and now u have a popup blocker without the annoying extra toolbar
    Icy cold Toilet Paper!!!!

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Animewolf267
    or you could just get the web tools tool bar from morpheus (online music downloads) has on and all you do is to get the tool bar and then go to:

1. control pannel
    2. add or remove programs
    3. click on webtools toolbar and remove that but leave the accual tools there

and now u have a popup blocker without the annoying extra toolbar
    Morphius gose against the board rules of downloading illegal stoff off the internet

There is something better get FireFox it has a bult in pop-up blocker

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamui Shirou
    Morphius gose against the board rules of downloading illegal stoff off the internet

There is something better get FireFox it has a bult in pop-up blocker
    Yeah after you get FireFox just use the adware thread I made and clean out the stuff you get from downloading P2P software and I dont recomend useing P2P unless you know the risks
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Even IE has a popup blocker now.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Even IE has a popup blocker now.
    true it does but i find it annoying. the best popup blocker i have found is with Mozilla Firefox 1.0<link< it is a totally free web browser that virtually eliminates spyware, addware, and popups with completley customizeable security settings unlike IE which still only lets you controll cookies

like i said its a free 4.7 MB download with no obligation and no cost to you EVER! (shameless plug)

so go out and switch today!

{btw i am in no way affiliated with the makers of mozilla firefox or any of their subsidiaries, i just really like the product}
    Last edited by dragonrider2004; Jan 04, 2005 at 06:46 PM.

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider2004
    true it does but i find it annoying. the best popup blocker i have found is with Mozilla Firefox 1.0<link< it is a totally free web browser that virtually eliminates spyware, addware, and popups with completley customizeable security settings unlike IE which still only lets you controll cookies

like i said its a free 47 MB download with no obligation and no cost to you EVER! (shameless plug)

so go out and switch today!

{btw i am in no way affiliated with the makers of mozilla firefox or any of their subsidiaries, i just really like the product}
    LMFAO

aside from that IE has some majior sicurity flaws.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix of Love
    LMFAO

aside from that IE has some majior sicurity flaws.
    LMFAO? I am unfamiliar with that accronym, could you please explain?

and Yes IE has MAJOR security flaws

and edit to previous post (will edit post) the dowmload is only 4.7 MB not 47MB sorry.

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast