Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: popularity

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

popularity

ok..guys/gals
    i wan ur opinions bout popularity
    as in ,in skool they rate ppl like nerds,losers,popular n stuff
    wat do u guys think bout tat?
    d popular kids think their so high n mighty,
    they considere themselves SUPERIOR to others just because their rich or their parents r well knowned..or they're good-lookin n stuff like tat...
    i dunno how 1 can be so snobbish..they bully ppl juz 4 d fun of it
    so i want ur tots bout tis..

p/s i made tis thread after one incident..1 of u out ther..is as stated as d above

Newbie stargirl_washu may be famous one day stargirl_washu may be famous one day stargirl_washu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: popularity

I went through my whole school life like that and yeah! You pretty much summed up a popular person in my school. In my school you had to pretty, smart, great dresser and rich to be in with that crowd.

I left school b'coz of them. They would do really nasty stuff to me and get away with it b'coz they were favourited by many teacher especially my 2nd year French teacher Mrs McDonald. Who managed to get one of the dumbest people at French in the top class.... But she eventually failed French ^-^

Bad for me, college is just like that too. The tutor I have the most favours people the worst. She actually failed one of my classes b'coz I had the flu 0.o And she gives me hell lotta dirt so bad that I refuse to come in at times. She is the one that singles me out b'coz of my clothes and make-up the most. She went raging when I wore a pink and black stripy hoodie.

Anyway, popularity gets worse when teachers favour students especially popular ones which is the worst.

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Great thread.......one which either Kedar or SK might answer in more detail ^^

As for me, I would just say that every person is different.

Some are shy and too scared to fight for themselves......hence they are called the "losers"
    Others are, like u mentioned, the rich snobs, or just plain snobs XD And they become the "bullies" or the "cool" people

As we think, "how could they just bully other people like that?"
    They are probably thinking, "how come this guy just stands around while he gets bullied?"
    We see them as the "bad" people; they see US as the "bad" people........

What Im trying to say is......its just their nature. Thats how they see the world, and how they are meant to be ---- TO BE A SNOB XD
    Kastelic's creation

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Popularity. People do many things to gain it. Like above mentioned, the ones are bullies or show offs. But I agree with everything they said, and what Kedar and SK are gonna say about it XD

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

There is a saying "Birds ot the same feather flock together"
    If u are labelled by yourself or anybody else u will definitely join the group u are labelled for so it all depends what u feel about it if some group doesn't want u their because of certain attributes u don't have then it is tuff on them don't Worry about things like that.Find someone that appreciate the attributes u have and what they want u to have.

Another one "plowing with another mans cows"
    Their status or group is based on what someone else did like their parents so yeah they themselfs have achieved nothing, yet so they wanna be important because their parents are ,u just have to out achieve them to show them that it doesn't matter who u are or where u come from if u want something u will have it if u work hard.Beauty is a bad thing that some ppl can not handle like power.

Glimmerman Quote "Rich peoples kids are always F-up"

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

The popular kids are definatly not "High and mighty"! they are just normal ppl like us, but they try to see themselves above the rest. As long as people be themselves they can get through life..ur school just fine, Ignore everything else, not that it always works!

Quote Originally Posted by stargirl_washu
    Bad for me, college is just like that too.
    hmmm I've started University ( Uni the same as college right?) And I haven't notice any "popularity contests or tutors picking favourites yet.. I'm here in Australia, maybe it's different where you are?

Newbie stargirl_washu may be famous one day stargirl_washu may be famous one day stargirl_washu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_
    hmmm I've started University ( Uni the same as college right?) And I haven't notice any "popularity contests or tutors picking favourites yet.. I'm here in Australia, maybe it's different where you are?
    College is a little different in the UK. Some college grads go on to uni. College here have picked up many high school drop outs like me up and loads of the people in my class at college are my age and just plain mean.

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stargirl_washu
    I went through my whole school life like that and yeah! You pretty much summed up a popular person in my school. In my school you had to pretty, smart, great dresser and rich to be in with that crowd.

I left school b'coz of them. They would do really nasty stuff to me and get away with it b'coz they were favourited by many teacher especially my 2nd year French teacher Mrs McDonald. Who managed to get one of the dumbest people at French in the top class.... But she eventually failed French ^-^

Bad for me, college is just like that too. The tutor I have the most favours people the worst. She actually failed one of my classes b'coz I had the flu 0.o And she gives me hell lotta dirt so bad that I refuse to come in at times. She is the one that singles me out b'coz of my clothes and make-up the most. She went raging when I wore a pink and black stripy hoodie.

Anyway, popularity gets worse when teachers favour students especially popular ones which is the worst.
    i agree..ther r cases where d teachers favours d popular kids and give them good grades n stuff...i think tat d teachers are intimidated if their parents r rich n powerful..they may fire d teachers if d popular kids complain

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast