Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: popularity

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: popularity

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip
    what Kedar and SK are gonna say about it XD
    yeah it will be nice since the two of them are very popular around here.But you know what what makes them popular is there personility, not them being rich or anything like that.

Code Name Wind

Otaku alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith's Avatar
    Thanks

so yeah i don't care for the rude and mean people like that i will forever be alison the nerd/loser and i like it that way.
    "The face is the mirror of the mind, and the eyes,without speaking, confess the secrets of the heart." - Saint Jerome

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Popularity?

So... popularity?
    Is the question about "is popularity depending on good looks and money" or is it the question of "what do you think about popularity" ?

... *wipes hair to side* Well obviously, my good looks have gotten me he-.....

XD ... I just say I'm "adequate" in looks. And in money, I'm lucky.

But how would any of you know how I look or how much money I have? .......except for Mayura, kedar, and Abu Dhabi...

^_^ I was "popular" during my highschool years, middleschool years, and even in my elementary. I was "popular" in my family and when I had a group of friends.

... none of that had to do with looks or money.
    Whenever a girl questioned "who's hott and who's nott", I was never in that list.

In fact, I've only been considered (bad or good, I won't say) in looks by 3 people...

( ...other than my mom, who she'll always say I'm handsome. ^_^;; )

And in money, I've only been noticed for it by, at most, 5 people...

So how could I have been "popular" anywhere in my life? ..............
    .................................................. .................................................. .............
    .................................................. .................................................. .............

I was an oddball.
    I stuck out.
    Moss on the wrong side of the tree.
    A stone in the clay mold.
    Born upside down.

And whatever phrase explains that I was different.

When young, I did my best to entertain people.
    When older, I did my best to not be like everyone else.
    When even older, I did my best to use my gifts to cheer people up.
    And to this day, it's still about being myself. Never denying it.

I'm odd. It may make people avoid me or be attracted to me, I don't care... as long as I'm me, and as long as I can put a smile to someone's face.

What do I think about popularity?
    Well, I used to obsess over it, trying to create a gigantic theory over how the mind works into categorizing people...
    But that ended by the 9th grade...

I don't care anymore, in fact, I hardly notice "popularity" anymore.

Besides, popularity doesn't save you in college. ^u^ Heheh.

Let me just say this: Once you've categorized yourself, you'll stick to it until you find a better one that suits your wants and needs.
    Categorizing yourself will limit your abilities and your emotions.
    You'll only follow what you've been taught to follow, or whatever seems most familiar to you.

...and breaking out of that mold will be the hardest.

Every once in a while, you'll be thrown out into the open and be told to choose what you want to do with your life... you'll be picking up the pennies you've been picking up all your life, because that's the trail your "popularity" left behind...

... when you could have been finding the gems in the path that you really are.

I stick out because I'm me.

Where this gets me, is where it gets ME.

I'm not in a crowd, that's why I stick out in a crowd.
    I don't talk the same, I don't even walk the same...

...I can't help that. It's what I'm most comfortable with.

And I'm happy because of it, as well as, make others happy because of it.

Popularity is just the same as a race... you'll only be a beat in life.
    I'd rather be a song. ^u^

Otaku tep_master_swordsman may be famous one day tep_master_swordsman may be famous one day tep_master_swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elie26
    ok..guys/gals
    i wan ur opinions bout popularity
    as in ,in skool they rate ppl like nerds,losers,popular n stuff
    wat do u guys think bout tat?
    d popular kids think their so high n mighty,
    they considere themselves SUPERIOR to others just because their rich or their parents r well knowned..or they're good-lookin n stuff like tat...
    i dunno how 1 can be so snobbish..they bully ppl juz 4 d fun of it
    so i want ur tots bout tis..

p/s i made tis thread after one incident..1 of u out ther..is as stated as d above
    1st of all dude,check ur grammar.cuz i could barely tell what u said sometimes.just make it normal internet lingo.
    i would class myself as a loser.and u know what?i enjoy every single second of it.i hate following the crowd and i could care less what ppl say about me.words cannot hurt me.u just gotta remember the phrase sticks and stones.i know thats cheesy but it really works.i dont know why ppl think that they're all high and mighty.my guess would have to be that they're all just a bunch of stuck up pricks if u ask me
    I Know With You, Lord
    All Things Are Possible
    I Will Never Lose My Faith And Love For You
    For You Will Never Lose Yours

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

There are all types of people in my school(Apple Valley high)
    theres preps,goths,emo poeple(which is growing rapidly),I have two-three friends that are pretty much skinheads.those are ones that stick out to me...AND DON'T FORGET GHETTO PEOPLE(i ha-dislike ghetto people)
    but back to the matter at hand.
    now gettin into the higher grades and stuff it seems and i've heard that pretty much everybody is friends and of course there are some seperate groups but most people know and like eachother maybe you "older" crowd could tell me different but anyway thats what i have to say on the matter
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elie26
    ok..guys/gals
    i wan ur opinions bout popularity
    as in ,in skool they rate ppl like nerds,losers,popular n stuff
    wat do u guys think bout tat?
    d popular kids think their so high n mighty,
    they considere themselves SUPERIOR to others just because their rich or their parents r well knowned..or they're good-lookin n stuff like tat...
    i dunno how 1 can be so snobbish..they bully ppl juz 4 d fun of it
    so i want ur tots bout tis..

p/s i made tis thread after one incident..1 of u out ther..is as stated as d above
    ok , im popular at my scool cause i play sports and i rock at it , but i don't treat anyone different and i don't hang with all the other jocks either , and im not rich

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku deftbeat may be famous one day deftbeat may be famous one day deftbeat's Avatar
    Thanks

people are in groups nowadays thats why people label people,
    and i think thats why people in popular group call you loser etc. or somethin like that, because you are not in that group but not all people in the popular group are like that, some are just making a show off or lacking attention which makes them the real "sore losers"

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

here at my school u are populer if u are bad. u get props if u stand up and cus out the teacher and everyone thinks that u are cool. then they get saspened and come back and do something else and they are even more popular. im cald a nerd or a geek just becuse i dont do anything realy bad. the ppl that are popual usely say that they are in gangs so that even more ppl like them. and usely the ppl that are on the school teems are popular but the popular kids just put them down. i tell u that its just plan anoying. i meen dont any of there ppl have respect for others.

also when i tey to ware things that i like, like goth shorts, the ppl say that im wered and start scusing me out cus hose arnt cool and that they are goth. they think that goth is evel and that i wership the divel.
    Last edited by bloodhawk; Mar 13, 2006 at 03:51 PM.

IM BACK

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast