Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: popularity

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: popularity

Oh, I hate the word popularity much less what's it's associated with. You can spot a prep from a mile away at my school. They always and I do mean always have their noses stuck in the air. You would think they would get tired of doing that so much. Yes, it's seems that the teachers love the popular group. At my school, it's mostly because of the parents. The parents have to either be rich or a teacher. That or the parents may let them do anything. I actually know a lady that lets her kid have make-out parties. I am glad that I am not apart of that though. I do not like the thought of being in a group with a bunch of backstabbers. That is just my opinion though.

Newbie Ivy Spring may be famous one day Ivy Spring may be famous one day Ivy Spring's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the word popularity can have multiple meanings. Like to the preps, I would be a nerd, but to my friends I would probably be popular. I don't care what people label each other as. I have friends that are on all different levels of status, but I treat them all the same. I don't care what people label me as; I am me and if they accept me how I am then that is all that matters. I LOVE my friends!!!

Manga - my anti-drug because when your addicted to manga how can you possibly afford drugs??

Otaku darkflames may be famous one day darkflames may be famous one day darkflames's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do you care about being popular! a lot of people are! like at my school i am! but i do not think i am! cause every guy is a guy and girl is a girl! so no one is that different! right?

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't classify myself as just one, because I have friends with every social group (except for goths/emo's). My main goal is to make as much friends as possible. But the popularity segragation is too crazy these days.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

i had it. i don't want it again. Popular don't care about what they say. Unless it has to do with them. i'm not saying I don't like them. Because you well find them in every group. No ones better than no one. everyone has there loser.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say high does suck in the way you have to be part of a social grouping.

College is different though. It's the time for trying new things. My roommate freshman year, well, you could tell she was probably pretty popular back in high school. But you know what? She was really cool. We had a great time, and she even had some of the same nerdy habits that I did.

From my own experience, I would say that clothes and money don't necessarily make you popular. It's how good you are at convincing people you have popular-clique qualities. It doesn't mean you and the popular kids are soooooo different in the way of interests.

P.R. Princes: Voting is an interesting process in school. If you get voted for something, then that means that you're popular and well-known. K-12 school polls are always about popularity. Even "nerdy" positions like SGA president and stuff: vote by popularity. Nobody's going to vote for someone they don't know unless the only other choice is someone they hate.

Popularity is a tricky thing. The people who are popular aren't automatically horrible, and the people who aren't are not automatically great.
    Last edited by LittleHobbit13; Mar 21, 2006 at 10:35 AM.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Smart ppl aren't considered worthy in my opinion coz some try to act cool when they aren't really while arrogant ppl thinking they're so gooood pisses me off.

Mercenary SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont care if I'm one of them.....
    My job is to finish my studies and make some good friends.....
    If someone try to bully them (especially Chidori), I'll burst their mouth out and teach them manners.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast