Thread: Porcupine Tree

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Porcupine Tree

Is anyone else familiar with this rock band? They're very incredible in terms of quality and concepts. A lot of people say (and I agree) that they are pretty much the new Pink Floyd for the new era. The sound is very mind-altering and alot of heart is put into the music...you can just tell by listening to one of their albums. If you haven't heard of them yet, your best cd to come in on would be "The Sky Moves Sideways". I beleive it's a perfect example of the band and style. Anyone know of them?

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well.. heard of them ones, but there not that great, or i didn't listen that much.

Lately all bands look like the same, you can't see difrents anymore.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've recently heard of them and have downloaded some of their songs. I think they are a great band. Collapse the Light Into Earth is a beautiful song.

Do you have any song reccomendations?

Otaku deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess's Avatar
    i came from a place no one has ever gone..
    Thanks
    Sorry, I haven't.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit
    I've recently heard of them and have downloaded some of their songs. I think they are a great band. Collapse the Light Into Earth is a beautiful song.

Do you have any song reccomendations?
    Try "Moonloop" "Russia on Ice" "Blackest Eyes" and "Wire the Drum" 4 of my favorites.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    really.... new Pink Floyd ? I doubt anything could compare to the real thing, but hey, I'll d/l some songs, and check it out ~ anything in your opinion, should be good.... or not O_o

7:20 PM, just downloaded some, and wow, I'm listening to 'So-Called Friend' and rike it ~ I also listened to 'Dead Can Dance' and 'Melloton Scratch'... it sounds like Red Hot Chile Peppers, Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Pink Floyd all together. I like it, although it sounds a bit emo at times, it does have a calming touch... did I mention how much I hate emo ? .... well, that doesn't matter O_o , the band sounds good.
    Last edited by mamimi_rue; Apr 15, 2005 at 07:31 PM.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...