Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: PowderPuff Girls Anime Series?!?!

Newbie Darlos may be famous one day Darlos may be famous one day Darlos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    anime has it a new low, man, the american show has already sold out too many times and the same thing will happen with this one, also I don't think American audiences will get used to the animation change from the American to the Japanese
    I'd have to say both japanese and american entertainment industries have had far lower things happen in their history. Plus, considering that the Powerpuff Girls art style was kinda crazy already, and things like Teen Titans (blatant anime influence) seem to be doing well, I don't think the current fanbase will be changing. Plus, it's not like they'd get rid of the original... at least, if they did, they'd be stupid.
    Hurting feelings everywhere!

Newbie DeathBerry may be famous one day DeathBerry may be famous one day DeathBerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Shouldn't you be playing outside?

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Good...God....

I'm speachless... I...whoa....

The american looks so stupid compared to this... I don't know what to think. I hate PPG, But the japaneese version looks so... better! I need to sit down and do some thinking...

It is good to see that Japan is still taking american cartoons and transforming them into their art style.. In fact, thats how it got started, was from american stuff... This just proves the point though.. anything that the japaneese do is way better than american crap. I loath american junk... Japaneese people---thank you so much!!

Newbie Darlos may be famous one day Darlos may be famous one day Darlos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    Good...God....

I'm speachless... I...whoa....

The american looks so stupid compared to this... I don't know what to think. I hate PPG, But the japaneese version looks so... better! I need to sit down and do some thinking...

It is good to see that Japan is still taking american cartoons and transforming them into their art style.. In fact, thats how it got started, was from american stuff... This just proves the point though.. anything that the japaneese do is way better than american crap. I loath american junk... Japaneese people---thank you so much!!
    Ah, right. Anything Japan does is better than American entertainment... that's a bold statement you make there.

I'm quite sure that I'm not the only person who beleives that Gargoyles and the 90s Batman cartoon that both appeared in the heydey of Fox afternoon cartoons were two great cartoon series. Both tended to have something for everyone, and were well-animated and well-written. And they weren't exactly kiddy stuff, either. There were themes and issues that any older teen or adult viewer could probably enjoy. And Gargoyles even had a fairly continuous, epic story with a real conclusion. And this isn't even considering all of the great comedic cartoons out there. (Freakazoid, anyone?)

Now, I'm not professing the superiority of American cartoons over Anime. Far from it. Alot of my favorite shows are Anime. (obviously. Why else would I be here?) But that's no reason to forsake American entertainment, both live and animated. There's plenty of great stuff out there... and it's not even that hard to look for. So watch your mouth next time you decide to bash an entire country's worth of entertainment.

Oh, and for the record, I'm all for this new version of Powerpuff Girls. I'm assuming that the creator of the original is in on it... making it still a rather American work. If somebody knows otherwise, though, please inform me.
    Last edited by Darlos; Apr 04, 2005 at 01:35 PM.
    Hurting feelings everywhere!

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    ooooooh ooooooh freakazoid! i saw that, i watched like every episode then for some reason they stopped airing it.....DAMN THEM!

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlos
    Now, I'm not professing the superiority of American cartoons over Anime. Far from it. Alot of my favorite shows are Anime. (obviously. Why else would I be here?) But that's no reason to forsake American entertainment, both live and animated. There's plenty of great stuff out there... and it's not even that hard to look for. So watch your mouth next time you decide to bash an entire country's worth of entertainment.
    me.

Yea, I live here. And I do believe that "American" cartoons are way awsome, but in MY OPINION I happen to like Japaneese stuff better. If I were bashing, I'd list all of what's wrong with "American" cartoons... But I just gave my opinion on how I felt about it. (ie: "crap, junk") Maybee I shouldn't have been as harsh. Sorry.

To phrase what I had to say about it more clearly, I believe that Some American cartoons lack to my personal taste, and therefore make me displeased with them. Japaneese cartoons tend not to do that as much. [for me] tsk tsk... so much emotion...

Newbie Tekken_Master may be famous one day Tekken_Master may be famous one day Tekken_Master's Avatar
    Thanks
    PowderPuff lol, This show sucks overall. We'll maybe not overaLL...

KAZUYA MISHAMA, Jin is better,,,but Kazuya is only good pic i found!! Devil Kazuya*

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    well in terms of American sytle cartoons, their are greats, but that was in American animations heyday. Batman The Animated Series was the most awesome American animation cartoon ever, I enjoyed it thouroughly, I however believe that American animation is trying to be too much like japanese anime. In anime, there are multiple and numerous styles and character designs in animation, America is just copying these styles in order to make a buck, I really think America needs to find its niche in society. However, I must give Gendy Tartakovsky props for creating Samurai Jack, the first 30 episodes were awesome, however after that it kinda got repitative.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast