Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Pres. Bush stupid or just plain dumb?

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Re: Is Pres. Bush stupid or just plain dumb?

Ok.
    I support this course of action.
    Think about it:
    Are you really seeing the effects of this defecit in your present life?
    I sure as heck am not, so what does it matter?
    Let the governmet deal with it, they're the ones screwing things up.
    And it is doing good, they're saving lives aren't they?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    By the way, it's a bit strange to me to consider a nation that's billions upon billions of dollars in debt the "most prosperous" country in the world. We may be, in some weird way, I just don't get how. I guess it's some political stuff that I don't care enough to understand.
    It is because the US debt to income ratio is very low. We can afford to be billions of dollars in debt because we make trillions a year. All the people who scream about the deficit increasing don't tell you that even though the #'s are increasing the percentage was decreasing anually untill 9/11. Even now it is still significantly lower then it was in the 90's. It's all about the DTI (debt to income) vs the GDP (gross domestic product).
    graph <--click and scroll to page 6

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose
    Ummm... What's wrong with trying to help PEOPLE??????
    I've said twice that nothing is. I have a feeling that my statements aren't being read and actually thought about in a case like this.

Here's the thing with all this. I'm not necessarily saying it's "wrong".
    My point is STILL not that it's a problem that he's saving lives and I say AGAIN that I'm not saying it's necessarily "wrong".
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    It is because the US debt to income ratio is very low. We can afford to be billions of dollars in debt because we make trillions a year. All the people who scream about the deficit increasing don't tell you that even though the #'s are increasing the percentage was decreasing anually untill 9/11. Even now it is still significantly lower then it was in the 90's. It's all about the DTI (debt to income) vs the GDP (gross domestic product).
    graph <--click and scroll to page 6
    Goodness gracious. Thank you! Boy oh boy is it hard to get an actual answer to a question instead of getting a bunch of people who don't read through something and then answer back with criticism. That is good to see, I'll say that much.
    I still wonder why we couldn't allow someone to step up to the plate right now, because it's still a concern (to me at least) that we had all this damage to our own country and we screwed up royally in trying to help our own people in that situation. There's gotta be another country in the world that could send the money while we help using the choppers.
    I'm not saying this with concern for myself, because I plan on moving to one of the other countries (in Europe) that I would like to assume a higher role in helping Pakistan. If it were for myself, I'd be glad the U.S. is doing it instead of France or England (which I realize had the bombings not long ago). It's just the fact that it seems illogical to me. I'll admit this much, it makes more sense as far as the "debt" issue goes (since there more or less isn't a debt issue) thanks to Arrianna, but it still seems illogical to send money to other countries when we need it to take care of our own disaster.
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Oct 10, 2005 at 02:36 PM.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Just think of it as them answering your question:
    Is it necessary in any way, shape, or form to help with "earthquake recovery" when we're still trying to recover from a hurricane? Is he speaking for you when he says "The United States of America wants to help"?
    So in other words yes and yes.

Since you asked though, the US is not the only country sending assistance. There is also Britain, Isreal, Japan, Thailand, Germany, the Czech Republic, Azerbaijan, Australia, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Saudia Arabia, Qatari, Iran, Bahrain, Turkey, Greece, China, the United Arab Emirates, Asian Development Bank, the European Union, the international medical aid organization Médecins Sans Frontières, and the UN in general.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Felnor may be famous one day Felnor may be famous one day Felnor's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm interesting.

I see what your trying to say but for a country in the state of the US, its not a lot of money and spending resources to help others would be seen as a good move both morally and politically and, lets face it, Bush could do with a couple more friends and Allies right now since he's done such a good job alienating almost all of America's allies bar a couple countries.

It's a good move for America. just because you have a few disaters in your own backyard, the world doesnt stop turning and the political wheel sure as hell doesnt stop spinning.
    "Walk On, Walk On, With Hope In Your Heart And You'll Never Walk Alone"

http://jadeli.proboards58.com/ - Join if you got nothing better to do!

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Felnor
    hmm interesting.

I see what your trying to say but for a country in the state of the US, its not a lot of money and spending resources to help others would be seen as a good move both morally and politically and, lets face it, Bush could do with a couple more friends and Allies right now since he's done such a good job alienating almost all of America's allies bar a couple countries.

It's a good move for America. just because you have a few disaters in your own backyard, the world doesnt stop turning and the political wheel sure as hell doesnt stop spinning.
    Good, valid point. I understand, but it just feels like one of those things that we could have helped out with plenty without using money as the resource.
    However, as has been stated by others and noted by myself, I guess we are in the best financial position to send money than anyone else despite the hurricane. At least, that's the impression I got. I gotta look Arrianna's direction to find out if I took that in the correct context.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Good, valid point. I understand, but it just feels like one of those things that we could have helped out with plenty without using money as the resource.
    However, as has been stated by others and noted by myself, I guess we are in the best financial position to send money than anyone else despite the hurricane. At least, that's the impression I got. I gotta look Arrianna's direction to find out if I took that in the correct context.
    Well we can do that, why? Because it may not seem this way but our country has $7 Trillion in debt.

Thanks

Yeah um... Check out the graph.
    It taught me somethin', may teach you somethin' too. Word.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast