Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price of Gasoline!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

The Price of Gasoline!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble Grumble Grumble Grumble $$$ Grumble Grumble

Here in Morgan Hill this weekend, the price of regular unleaded grade hit $2.50 a gallon. Now I notice that the above the speed limit traffic on the nearby freeway hasn't noticeably slowed, and compared to the howls of protest last year, the record breaking price of fuel hasn't raised any organized protests, or threats of boycotts...

So tell me, how are you being affected by the higher price of fuel? Has it gone high enough to consider purchasing a vehicle with better gas mileage? Has the cost of gasoline gotten high enough to slow the speed you drive on freeways? Has it affected your travel plans? Where are you getting the $$$ to pay for the higher cost of fuel, and how has it affected your spending habits? And how much higher will the price of gasoline have to go before it forces you to change?!?!

(Last year, the price was high enough to impact my car purchase plans... And I really like that 2004 Toyota Prius Hybrid. It costs about the same for a fillup as any other compact, it just that I have to fillerup less often...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    hell ONLY $2.50?!

you come to where I live, it's $2.69 for the weakest kind of gas...
    so now I have to check the air in my tires almost everyday, and I can't go out no more lucky my corolla gives me 30 mi/gal so it makes it easier for me when it comes to commuting to college from home at the end of every week

what's even worst, I can't go to oakland because of the damn $3 toll

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I've seen the prices rise here in South Carolina too, but only to $2.13 so I guess I dont have quite as much to complain about but still....high gas prices suck.

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i happen to live by the cheapest chevron in san jose, and it's at 2.56 for regular unleaded. gas prices hasn't really affected me directly in terms of my habits and amount of driving,, but it has gotten me thinking about possibly looking at hybrids and other higher mpg econ cars as my next car sometime in the future.

i've always tried my best as to drive while saving gas as much as possible like trying to stay inside a slipstream, braking early but softly when there's a red light or a slower car in front of me, not accelerating hard off the line, and trying to stay in the highest gear possible
    Last edited by maverickvns; Apr 10, 2005 at 10:21 PM.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    For high premium, here... it's well, damn almost $ 2.80 9/10
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I doesn't effect me directly at all... since I don't drive and don't plan to learn anytime soon. I take public transport... one less car on the road, it helps the environment anyway.
    If it ever got to the stage where the bus fares went up to cover the cost of the fuel costs, it'll only be an extra 20 or so cents a trip for me.

But it's hitting my sister hard. Not only has she got to paid off her car loan, and her issurance but now she also has to pay the hiking prices of fuel too.
    The poor thing is always broke, I have more money than her at the moment and I'm not even working.
    Hence again, why I'm not learning to drive anytime soon.

Here, in Australia, the highest it's got to is $1.60 per litre. Now that's $AUS btw.
    I don't know anything about how many litres are in a gallon, but I'm such it probably works out the same. We use the metric scale over here.
    Hopefully some good will come out of this.... as it might cut down the amount of vechiles on our roads.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks
    The cheapest gas station here is Freestate, 2.30 last time i filled up. But the other companies are all over 2.40 for regular. I've limited my spending a little. Not much else i can do since I have to go to work and other activities.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Minnesota is currently out of wack with the gas prices. We actually have some of the cheapest gas still. Tis about $1.99 dollars per gallon. Currently, it shot up to 2.11 then 2.37 and our news told us it would stay there. But now they say its going back down to 1.99... Up here, the gas prices fluctuate so badly, your likely to blow 5 more dollars filling up on thursday instead of a friday!

So, thats that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast