Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Price of Gasoline!!!

Dan
    Newbie Dan may be famous one day Dan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't believe in that brain washing junk, I have used arcos "Junk fuel" in my 97 jetta vr6 for its whole life, its the cheapest gas in Socal, 135,000 miles on the clock now and its still running fine. I do have to agree, its odd there is no one publicly complaining about the gas prices. they are almost as high as last year when all hell was breaking loose. We are not at the peak gas price season, I expect to see $3 a gal in socal this summer. when that happens I expect to see a lot of upset people

Dan

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    initially, all gas are the same since they go through the same refining process, but after that the difference comes from what additives the companies put in. check out www.toptiergas.com for a list of good retailers. although my list of 3 is very strict and probably to most of you flat out baseless, it's what i've personally tried and seen worked for me. there's a bigger list than the 3 that i've pointed out, but in my area, only 3 of these brands are available.

i've used arco for a while in the past and i can totally tell the difference now that i've limited myself to only 3 gas brands. my car sadly only does 19/20 mpg and it's even stated in its spec that it does. it's also 15 years old, so seeing a drop in its mpg performance wouldn't be surprising either. anyhow, i noticed how i had to fill up my car every 220 miles [roughly 14/15 mpg] ever since i got the car [which was 3 years ago] so that's what seemed to be the limit. it wasn't until last year, i noticed my mpg going back to 19/20mpg, so i'm filling up at around every 290 miles. this was also the time when i made sure i only fill up w/only these 3. i actually only do chevron now cuz it's the closest and cheapest gas station of the 3 to my house.

i'm sure many people will have different results, but this is what i've personally seen. if that's not proof, then i'd probably be more broke than i am now.

Otaku deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess's Avatar
    i came from a place no one has ever gone..
    Thanks
    gasoline nowadays are getting high prices.....here in our place not more than 1.00

Newbie nukelizard may be famous one day nukelizard may be famous one day nukelizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    The prices just look bad. Adjusting for inflation and consumer price index, it is right about where it has been for the last twenty years. But if it will make you feel better bellyaching, take a look at how much gasoline is in the United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, ad nauseum. They have been paying a lot more than us for quite a while.

As a whole, americans drive unnecessarily much and too big. Example - my yuppie sister who owns a land carrier (Ford Excursion) which has never carried anything ever requiring that much gas-guzzling cubic footage, will drive two blocks to Starbucks. I have made my share of gasoline wasting as well, but I try to take the subway or bus if the weather stinks. Drive the car when I have to carry groceries, etc. Take the motorcycle whenever possible.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deidre_the_goddess
    gasoline nowadays are getting high prices.....here in our place not more than 1.00
    $1.00 US or is that British Pounds?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nukelizard
    The prices just look bad. Adjusting for inflation and consumer price index, it is right about where it has been for the last twenty years. But if it will make you feel better bellyaching, take a look at how much gasoline is in the United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, ad nauseum. They have been paying a lot more than us for quite a while.

As a whole, americans drive unnecessarily much and too big. Example - my yuppie sister who owns a land carrier (Ford Excursion) which has never carried anything ever requiring that much gas-guzzling cubic footage, will drive two blocks to Starbucks. I have made my share of gasoline wasting as well, but I try to take the subway or bus if the weather stinks. Drive the car when I have to carry groceries, etc. Take the motorcycle whenever possible.
    that's where you are wrong, true you have to factor in inflation, and you probably have seen that abc news report too comparing saying that ice cream is more expensive than gas

but this is also true, the fact that gas is a necissity in life

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks
    i have to agree with all of you that the price of gas right now sucks, i live in canada and its no different gas is still expensive it reached 94 cents a litre in some parts which is ludacris
    just to give you guys some insight 1 gallon is like 3 litres or so. stupid oil prices greedy bastards.

Newbie Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death's Avatar
    Thanks
    gas price is "High" all they think about it raise the prices on gas and stuff so they can gain more profit for themselves... >.< people today are so greedy.. they don't think of other people anymore...
    Death Soul Collector

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast