Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pricing for PS3

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pricing for PS3

I am not a huge X Box fan, but I will be buying PS3. That is for sure-----------the price won't matter. In the store that I bought, they have this deal that if you return your PS2 in good condition, they will deduct the money that you paid. So, it might just cost me less........................

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

I pesonally think that the PS3 will have more vaule. It will have a larger selection of games. It's fully backwards compatalble (wtihout emulation), it will play more media types by default without 'upgrades'. And it's the same cost as the Xbox 360! In short, it most likley will have more value for your cost.
    Speaking of being fully backwards compatable, the Revolution is going to allow you to play Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, and the original Nintendo games on it. You would have to download the 64, SNES, and NES games but the Revolution comes with built-in ports that allow you to use GC controlles and memory cards. This looks especially promising for those of you that are old enough to remember the days of the NES and SNES (Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III better be downloadable or all hell will break lose.) will find this very pleasing.

I'm more than likely going to treat this like I treated the current generation, stick with Sony and Nintendo. But the Xbox 360 looks to be very promising in my eyes.
    Too cool for a sig.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

PS3, won't be buying that for awhile, if its $400 US that means its about $50-$100 more here. I'll be waiting for the price to drop.

I have no interest in the XBox 360 though.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still waiting on the Revolution honestly, everything else kind of takes the backseat. I might lean towards a 360 though in the near future, I'll see what lays down the road.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a PS since 2002 and a PS2 since 2003 so I'm far away from buying any new console and the XBOX games aren't at all what I look for in a game. I have plenty of games to catch up on too so the wait for the PS3 won't even show in my case as I've been quite behind the trends as my parents didn't want to buy my consoles when I was younger.

So may the XBOX and XBOX 360 lay in waste, all I think of it is that it encourages Sony and Nintendo to give a better service and kick them in the butt to bring even better stuff, otherwise, Microsoft's console shall not interest me, except DOA 4, but that one game, so no difference.

RPG is the way to go as well as a few fighting games, the FF series alone for Sony consoles is quite the big plus too XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a die-hard PS fangirl, so I have no interest in the Revolution or 360. I would love to get a PS3 within the year that it comes out, but I really don't play my PS2 a lot as it is, so that price tag is a little steep for me at the moment. Especially since a lot of that price is for the hard drive for all the online stuff, and I'll never use that anyway. Now, if they offer a basic package like the 360 did, then I might look into it. But more than likely, I won't buy until a game comes along that I just have to have (like a Final Fantasy or Silent Hill game).

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm waiting for MGS4...

and with the new system there comes a bunch of new games with wonderful possibilities and story lines...

*.* it all sounds wonderful...

^_^ and it's coming out in the spring and that's when our (SK & me) anniversary!!!!

we're sharing the PS3 (games, price, possession), which will work out nicely cuz i still have A LOT of PS2 games to play and he is really excited about the new titles...

and yeah, and it's a good way to deal with that whole "the game can only be read on the console it was first played on" thing that i've been hearing so much about...

^_^ yeah for PS3!!!

ps: and Xbox360 for Fable 2... but that'll have to wait T_T
    Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Nov 23, 2005 at 09:48 PM.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, FF12 and KH2 will be out on PS2, unless something has changed that I'm not aware of.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast