Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Pricing for PS3

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Pricing for PS3

I price drop less than a year after the 360 is out? That'd be abit too soon don't you think?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Soon? A good marketing decision if you ask me.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

A slash in prices sure sounds the bees knees to me.

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

It won't be much of a drop, maybe $50 by the time PS3 comes out. But then PS3 might drop it to match the price soon after. It's all about the marketing to get people to buy their system. Money is one factor for me. The other is games, if there arn't any games I like, I won't buy.

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like SONY refuted the pricing and launching date for the PS3.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27902

But I think it would be a big marketing mistake if they price it much higher then the Xbox 360, once it launches.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    I price drop less than a year after the 360 is out? That'd be abit too soon don't you think?
    more than anything it has to do with production costs. They drop depending on how quickly they can raise the yield on the good graphics chips they make (same with PC graphics cards) and the same with the processors. If they can get that down its easily done. And dont think of it as "less than a year" because if things go like Sony plans the PS3 will be out in Spring only in Japan possibly. Meaning a launch here in the states by next fall. Which would be almost a full year and thats within most consoles price drop cycles. So who knows

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Dirtybeast may be famous one day Dirtybeast may be famous one day Dirtybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

the Next gen of gaming is flat out just gonna come to the games. If the Graphical Diffrence Between the 360 and PS3 are as marginal as the the early videos have shown (i mean gameplay videos and that does'nt include MGS4 ala The Armored Core videos) (and many deveolpers have said the diffrence is small) it's really gouing to Come to A good Online Plan (And Xbox Live Is Pretty Damn Tough To beat. Espcially since 360 has come out) And games that are different. So far Neither have Shown Games that really that much diffrent from this gen Gameplay wise ( i mean i love halo 2 And perfect dark zero but do we really need so many fps's on Xbox)

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks

if you guys ever wanted to know how much a 400 dollar xbox360 costs to make, it's 525 bucks. that's with current cpu and gpu yields as well. surely it'll be cheaper to make as they get better at manufacturing them at the fabs.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27907.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4