Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problem With Network

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    OK your are using your Router as your login point for the DSL OK if your using a Linksys Router you need to login http://192.168.1.1 and type in admin in the password, OK PPPoE connectioin select that from teh dropdown menu The put in your username and password for your DSL connection. connect your DSL Modem into the router and see if you get connected that way.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    OK your are using your Router as your login point for the DSL OK if your using a Linksys Router you need to login http://192.168.1.1 and type in admin in the password, OK PPPoE connectioin select that from teh dropdown menu The put in your username and password for your DSL connection. connect your DSL Modem into the router and see if you get connected that way.
    i tried that and it doesn't work, it brings me to a this page cannot be displayed page

besides the ip address for mine is 192.168.0.1

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie conceptx may be famous one day conceptx may be famous one day conceptx's Avatar
    Thanks
    What brand is your Router? You may also want to try a hardware reset on the router to restore it to default, this should be a small button somewhere on the router which you should be able to push with a pen.
    |be it known|i know nothing|

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Is there any mention on which TCP/IP Port to use??? (the default HTTP service port is 80). If it does use a non-standard port, the correct URL syntax would be http://192.168.0.1:<Port Number> (replace <Port Number> with the actual Port. as an example if the port was 88, then you would use http://192.168.0.1:88)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    nope there isn't any port number given in the instruction booklet

and if it helps it is not made by link sys, it's D-Link.

as for resetting, I am not sure if I should push that button or not...what's the worse that could happen??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Newbie conceptx may be famous one day conceptx may be famous one day conceptx's Avatar
    Thanks
    For the reset there is nothing bad since you have not configured the router yet. This is bring it back to the factory standard in case it was set previously differently for some unknown reason. Len did bring up a good point I forgot about. Go to your command prompt Start>Run>cmd and type in ipconfig /all check to make sure the IP you are getting from the router is 192.168.1.xxx if it is not type into your web browser the address from your IP config and replace the last digit with 1 and test to see if that works.
    |be it known|i know nothing|

Thanks
    you know, now that I think about it, I should reset it. Because my friend bought the router from FRY's dont know if theres one in your area. And the one he bought was one that was returned, so maybe I should reset it.

As for my port, I think it's 80 but I am not sure. I just know that when a firewall message comes up, it saids port 80 or something like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2